www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

In golf there is Augusta National, Pebble Beach, Shinnecoc hills (i know its mispelled but apperently you cant write the c word even if its apart of another word), St. Andrews, and Pinehurst.

What are the greatest disc golf courses...

I only hear about Rock Hill, Is that the best? Me and my group are going to the open to play there, but we are thinking about setting up a road trip next year to go see some great courses. . . .

What is the most scenic?

Tags: best, course, disc, golf

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Georgia - There are so many different opinions but I would have to say:

1. IDGC - I have never played, but there are 3 courses a museum and a lot of money going into it. From what I have heard its hard as hell.

2. Perkerson Park - Beautiful, scenic, long, and OB on almost everyhole. Not permanent yet, expect to see it put in this spring.

3. Redan - The oldest course that set the bar the rest are compared to. A shorter course with a real pro having a chance to get to 9-10 down but offers a very fair mix of holes and asks you to throw a bunch of different shots.

~ Honorable mentions: The Crucible, ERP, and McCurry.
Well I haven't played much outside of Kentucky, so I'm kinda biased.................

Charlie Vettiner is one Top Notch course located in Louisville Ky. It was designed and built by local Pro Dave Greenwell. This is no doubt a championship caliber course. Home of the annual CVO (Charlie Vettiner Open). Past champions include, Dave Greenwell, Justin Bunnell, and Brad Schick. With Nikko Locastro placing 2nd the past 2 years. Who will show up this year to claim the title? This course has also been visited by Ken Climo, and Dr.Rick and Sylvia Voakes.

Idlewild in Northern Ky is another must see, probably the most aesthetic course I have heard of. Very beautiful with plenty of stuff to catch your eye, plus with it being par 72 it is also a hard course.

Old English Golf Course in English Indiana is yet another really good course, this is built on a ball golf course.This yet again a Dave Greenwell Design, that he went overboard building. By that I mean that this is way beyond anything within 200 miles. The grounds maintenance guy is the one who did Valhalla in Louisville during the 2000 PGA Championship, so you can imagine how well done this course is. Also another very tough course with a par in the 70's. Plus you can play from Red, yellow, white, blue, or black tee's, 2 holes even have super black tee's. All 3 of these course could be in the top 25 in the country!!!!!
the grange in spotsylvania, va 2 18 hole courses. the sunny side and the dark side. also hawk hollow dgc in spotsylvania as well, all are private

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968