www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

just want to know whos ready for winter disc golf and where you play at. i know its only fall but winter is around the corner, so whos gearin up.

Tags: disc, winter

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I read this as...

"Who is ready to play disc golf without waiting for other people to play slow in front of you...?"

But Really, I'm ready and raring to go. Where I live we have a Gym and I can practice putting inside so winter doesn't effect me there and like I said above the local course looks more like a duck hunters paradise during the winter so no one plays which means more fun for me...
if i had a mobile basket i could put in my living room id be ready...
I hate winter DG
Winter? Ive heard of such tales as winter. I hear sometimes there is this thing called snow. ooOOHHH wait a min....winter oh yea when it gets down to 75 degrees here. I think thats like in another 4 months or something.

-Eric-
Down here it goes from summer to fall...and back to summer. To native Floridians anything below 60 is winter...lol

Well that's not entirely true it can get down to freezing in east central Florida, usually Jan & Feb are our coldest months. We can get a couple of really cold days. The citrus farmers and ferneries have to be on the ball those days.

Since 79, I've seen it flury maybe 4 times...as a matter of fact, it did last year on Jan 3rd...beachside in Ormond, just north of Daytona. I didn't see it but it was big news...I remember the date...cause I was in O town...bright and early at 6:30am waiting for a shuttle Bus that never showed up....I still don't have any feeling in my left little toe. Definitely the coldest day in several years around here.

The last time snow accumulated here, I heard was 78...the year before I moved here.
I am from Michigan where it gets a bit cold in the Winter. I love Winter. No heat. No humidity. No bugs. No casuals. I can dress for the elements. Its all good.
I'm looking forward to all the trees dropping their leaves so I can find my disc when I shank it. :)
got some new boots today! i'm good down to about single digit temps and windy.
Of course, Duain. Who doesnt like frolfing in dead winter in Illinois???

NO I AM NOT READY... IT SUCKS. But it must be done.
BuzzzOfff said:
Of course, Duain. Who doesnt like frolfing in dead winter in Illinois???

NO I AM NOT READY... IT SUCKS. But it must be done.

yes it must be done, last february doubles in rockford, il it was 15 below zero with a few inches of snow. cold but fun. see ya at the bloomington open Noah
When winter comes in Tahoe I think more about *dropping* a 30 footer more than *draining* a 30 footer
High today was around 50. Fortunately, the nighttime 30s are holding off this week, but are expected next week. The cold is settling in for a long winter in Kenai, Alaska. My wife is against the idea of my basket in the living room, so I have invested in a nice hand-warmer and a left-hand glove.

We don't get as much snow as people farther north, but I did get to try snowshoes last year. I ended up face down when my shoes snagged during the x-step. This year I will be working on my stationary throws more.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968