www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Give me a break... have you all heard of the new Disc that is coming out I think next month? The Boss. It has a speed of 13... The Destroyer and Xcalibur have speeds of 12. Do we really need a faster disc?

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The pros will be throwing 900 next year! lol
Not untill I break the distance record first. MUAHAHA lol
Why not, I need all of the improvement I can get...the question is how much stable or overstable will it be...
LSDiscs-Neileo said:
Why not, I need all of the improvement I can get...the question is how much stable or overstable will it be...

From my understanding. As stable or less stable as a destroyer.
LSDiscs-Neileo said:

I have one that is super stable like a Xcaliber or a little more. handles all kinds of off axis torque etc. I also have one that is fairly flippy. If you have been following DD PDGA thread You already know that they had some issues molding them consistently. The domier the more stable, the flatter the more flippy. All in all I like my Domey one about as much as an Xcal, for forehanding. The flippy one is probably too much disc for me backhand, but probably be more useful down the line.

But you do notice the speed increase, they are hella fast.
The thing is, theres gotta be a limit... how thick can the rim get, and how thin can the flight plate be? I dont know how much faster anyone can get, you would think they would start running out of options in terms of what they can modify?
its not that big of a deal. some people like the faster discs, but some people dont care really. i personally am happy it is coming out, bc i want a disc that can throw just that much farther.
Hootie said:
The thing is, theres gotta be a limit... how thick can the rim get, and how thin can the flight plate be? I dont know how much faster anyone can get, you would think they would start running out of options in terms of what they can modify?

Bionic Arms...Oh yes one day it will happen.
well according to its description online, they are saying it is supposed to be a little bit less stable than a destroyer, so...
This is a link to the PDGA Requirments for Disc manufacturing .
This should give evryone an idea what spec's a manufacturer has to work with when creating a disc.

http://pdga.com/documents/tech_standards/PDGATechStandards.pdf

Stephen9973
another disc my puny hands can't grip yay
-
agreed "the Boss" is a stupid name, BUT it does reflect it's Signature player...

The Boss is roomered to be a Dave Feldberg Signature disc

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968