www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

just want some thoughts on rolling the disc. some people believe its a make up shot because the person cant throw it that far, and others believe its just as good as throwing.
i believe rollers should be utilized in your game, but not as your first drive. everyone should have to throw the first drive then use what ever is in their arsenol for their upshots.
just my thought, whats your opinion?

Tags: disc, roller

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

just my opinion;

Its okay to use if you can't really can't throw far enough.

Or if its hard for you to throw any other type of throw.

But personally, I just like ripping off drives..i love it
A roller is as good as any other shot whether it be off the tee or as an upshot.

As far as distance goes I can usually roll farther than I can throw if the grass is short and the fairway is flat or uphill.

Roller shots do well off the tee if you need to penetrate through a treeline or have a limited ceiling. The factors present on the shot dictate which shot has the most potential for success. Results are the only thing that matters as the only thing that is relevant is where your disc ends up when it comes to rest. Sidearm, backhand, tomahawk,roller, thumber it makes no difference if it results in getting your disc to the desired location then it was a good shot.
Choosing to throw a roller has absolutely nothing to do with how far you throw BH/FH.
There are 2 holes (17, 18) on the Redstone Arsenal course where I throw a roller. Because it simply is the safest shot (too many cedar trees) that yeilds the greatest possibility of getting there for a deuce. I've even parked hole 15 at the same course a few times with a big sky roller around all of the crap way back before the trees had grown too large. And sometimes I'll pull one out for the second shot on 8.

The more shots you have in your bag the better your game will be.

One thing, is if you have some issues with lower back pain I would stay away from the backhand roller.
A well player roller will save you strokes bottom line. Sometimes it is the only shot you have. I have practiced rollers as well as thumbers and tomahawk for years. If you can throw these shots the will get you out of trouble. I love having options on my upshots. I roll with a Firebird and a Spider.
Anybody know of any instructional vids for throwing rollers or tomahawks?
Sidearm Steve said:
Anybody know of any instructional vids for throwing rollers or tomahawks?

heres some links

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdlxdSWCMKU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18h0H2MIVjg

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968