www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i'm traveling there tomorrow from Santa Cruz on business and have time to play a couple rounds. Which course in Dallas is really good? Thanks.

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just played something like 28 DFW Metro area courses last week. I wasn't as impressed overall as was expected. But there are a few must-plays.
If you like a true challenge, pick from some of these. If it cools down, I suggest long pants on most of these courses.

Ft. Worth: Z-Boaz--< a map would help, join a local if you can, but the best area course possibly so it is #1 have to play

Rockwall- Harry Myers

Mesquite- Paschall

Carrollton- Greenbelt

Cedar Hill?- Lester Lorch Wolf and Coyote

Irving- Fritz

Lewisville- Lake Lewisville--< one of the cleaner playing most fun overall courses

Arlington- Veteran's
Thanks, I appreciate it. The bigger the challenge, the better.
What part of town are you going to be in? Near DFW airport in Grapevine there is a fine 18 hole course, but if you indeed have time to play a couple of rounds, I would advise, going from east to west:

Rockwall - Myers (18) and Mesquite - Paschall (18)

Cedar Hill - Lorch Coyote (18) and Beaver (18)

Arlington - Veterans (18), then your choice of Ft Worth Z. Boaz (18), Haltom City - North Park (18) or Ft. Worth - Arcadia #2 (18).

Enjoy.

Bill in Dallas
Bill Burns said:
What part of town are you going to be in? Near DFW airport in Grapevine there is a fine 18 hole course, but if you indeed have time to play a couple of rounds, I would advise, going from east to west:

Rockwall - Myers (18) and Mesquite - Paschall (18)

Cedar Hill - Lorch Coyote (18) and Beaver (18)

Arlington - Veterans (18), then your choice of Ft Worth Z. Boaz (18), Haltom City - North Park (18) or Ft. Worth - Arcadia #2 (18).

Enjoy.

Bill in Dallas
We ended up playing the Bear Creek course in Grapevine. Very fun! The ravines reminded me of my home course : http://www.delaveagadiscgolf.com/content/view/52/84/
I was just there last Saturday. I'm glad you liked it - the last part of the course does have some ravinage. I had a chance in '97 to go play DelaV, but I decided to play tourist in SF, since I had never been there before. I enjoyed the sights, but I wish I had driven down to SCruz.

frisbeebrain said:
We ended up playing the Bear Creek course in Grapevine. Very fun! The ravines reminded me of my home course : http://www.delaveagadiscgolf.com/content/view/52/84/
Bear Creek was all? Not the best area course. Good design though. If allergic to ivy, I hope you showered.
I was all in that ivy but ain't worried . . . poison oak is a lot more potent than ivy and i'm kinda immune to that.

We only had time to play that course- it was close to the Hilton we were at.

If you get the chance to get near Santa Cruz again, you now have four good courses to play in Monterey, and another new one near DeLa going in this Winter. Worlds 2012!! Thanks guys.
you're gonna make us all go way out to california for worlds? bummer

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968