www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Do you carry all the same weight putters in your bag or do you carry a variety. Or do you have varying weights like a 172g and a 175 gram putter...is there going to be a big difference in putting if they are 2-3g different? Also what putters do you carry and in which weights?

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

2 ss magic's @ 175g each
1 evolution magic @ 175g
1 ss wizard @ 175g
1 ss jerry wizard @ 174g beat up and flippy
I carry 2 SS Wizards, both blue and 175g. I noticed a difference in flight between 170 and 175 grams, and that's why I carry 2 in the same weight. The only reason I carry two of the same putters is because, in practice if I miss the first putt, I correct myself and try again with a second putter. It's helped tremendously! I believe that you have to get to know your putter inside out, and by using different styles or weights of putters, you don't give yourself the opportunity to do that.
I carry two max weight Rhynos, Champion. Good windy putters. Thats important on my home course. For short anny approaches I carry a warlock fairly well worn, makes a good anny approach disc. Or a good short right dogleg driver off the tee. The Warlock is a few grams under max weight 172 ish probably lighter in its worn state. To me a few grams won't feel much different but 167 to 175 you'll feel. On short putts probably isn't going to make much differance over all though there just isn't enough flight time.
I carry 2 putters, 1 dx and 1 star, 148g and 149g, respectively
169 gram , 172 gram and 175 gram discs.
I CARRY ALL THE SAME WEIGHTS. I carry several different putters too.
DX Aviar for most putting.
DX Big bead Aviar for head wind or hyzer ups.
Star Avair Driver for longer ups.
JK Aviar for drives and stable long putts.
All 175.
The Avair is deadley. I love to park a drive and someone ask, "What did you throw?" Aviar..."Really?"
2 max weight hard magnets, a 170ish rattler and i just bought a max weight zone. i have a 166 challeneger but i never use it.
I carry 4 distinctly different putters, pig, aviar, rubber, gumputt. Weights are all similar. There's always one that feels good on each day, never all of 'em.
I have two soft Banger-GTs, approx 174g, but im looking at trying some other putters now. I like the soft putters for the tackier plastic, it feels really grippy, so hopefully it grips the chains?
KC Pro Aviar 174g
KC Pro Aviar 10x 174g
DX Aviar 171g
Dx Aviar 170g

I like a lighter, less stable putter for long distance putts unless the wind is really kickin' up then I go heavier.
2 max weight banger gt D plastic
1 max weight banger gt ESP
1 max weight flx esp challanger
2- ESP Banger GT's both 173g
2- Soft Magnet's (1-173, 1-174)

I use my Bangers as my primary putter, they're +1 over so they can handle a little wind. If I need a really straight putt then I'll take out a Magnet.

I practice with only two putters (usually my Bangers), and try to get around the basket so I can get the wind with and against me.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968