www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So i've been trying to roll lately. i'm getting pretty good at it too. however i was wondering if there's a certain disc to use or if any1 had some sort of secretes. i find that the xcal works best for me. surprisingly.
ps i'm looking to get in some fall tournaments before the season weather goes bad. how will i find those. local tournament involving ledges. walk-on tournaments i guess

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i can turn sidewinders over and get them to roll decently
If your throwing a backhand roller for distance....understable works best for me...I'm currently usung a CE Roadrunner for that...A Sidewinder works good to.
Sidewinders work great for me also, however I only use the original mini start stamp champion. They will hold their edge forever, withou standing up too fast or at all. They are little pricy if you can find one. around $30 to $35 but well worth it.
Max Weight Avenger SS make awsome rollers as well.

-Eric-
Jaguars are good for shorter technical rolling up to 250 feet. If you are looking for tournaments go to the Michigan Disc Golf Organization website. They have a schedule that has most of the sanctioned and unsanctioned tournaments in Michigan. If you can find a partner my club is having a doubles tournament on the 18 and 19 of October in Lansing.
avenger ss, an X Stratus, z express. pritty much anything thats understable. but if im not mistaken, you flick roll it, you dont throw it normally to turn it over to let it roll, so in that case you can get just about any disc to roll.
The wheel! hahaha
joshlotto said:
avenger ss, an X Stratus, z express. pritty much anything thats understable. but if im not mistaken, you flick roll it, you dont throw it normally to turn it over to let it roll, so in that case you can get just about any disc to roll.

by "flick", i dont mean forehand roller, i mean that the disc is vertical before you let go of it. try some back hand and forehand sky rollers, this got me thinking about rollers so i went out to Oshtemo today and tried some forehand rollers and i might start accually working on them! they helped me alittle on tight fairways.
i think a star sidewinder works best if it is over stable

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968