www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So, this dude from my club, clayton, said I need a heavier putter.

Apparently, if I throw 160-170g discs, a 150 putter won't work for me :(

And on that note.

If anyone has seen my putting style, what kind of putter should I get next?

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i was using a 165g dx aviar putter and wasn't doing well with it so i switched to a 170g star avair and it helped a little, now im using a 172g SS wizard and will never use anything else, its super nice

Kyle Jacob Smalling said:
its 149g
Hmm. So far, I'm switching my putting style.

I played with a guy today who was slamming them from 50'.

He showed me how to putt, so my putter might still fly well for me.
discraft makes dga!?

That junk my mom bought at miejer was made by discraft?
Try this:
Putt with every disc in your "bag."
From about 10 feet away.
Count your ins and misses.
Each disc: driver, mid range, putter will fly differently; but from 10 feet it is primarily your form.
Don't care about the disc so much, concentrate on 'making' the putt.
Have a 'local' that usually putts with a 'driver' consistently.
Then decide what feels good as your putter.
Not advocating using a driver, but prove to yourself proper form.

Any good putter can use just about anything.
When you get 75-100 feet the disc you choose will make that difference.
Just try it....
Don't know your putting style, and don't know what type of discs you throw, but, a 150 putter is for little kids dude! Not to be mean or anything, but I have almost always had a 175 or 180 putter, and I throw a 168-175 driver. In my opinion, you want your putter to be strong and solid, just like your putt should be, to stay in the basket, and to not flip out or flop off the chains. So, definately get a heavier putter. I love the Omega super soft, it does have grip to stay in the basket, and to not slip out of the hand. The Aviar is also a good one. I know some people like other kinds, but I think it's all a personal choice. Like the other guy said, try some of your friends putters to see which one feels best to you, in your hand and how accurate it can be, just putting around the practice basket-ya know. Good luck & keep on disc-in...
Do you putt with hard rim discs or soft rim discs ?
I started off using a 150g Aviar P&A ... I just got sick of trying to putt with it in the wind..and how super understable it got over time, so I went out and bought close to 175's as I could find. I find them to be a little more predictable in the wind and you'll get used to them rather quickly if you're doing a lot of putting. Just keep practicing your normal routine and take every bit of advice from the pro's.
Hey Kyle,

In one of your earlier posts, you said your putting was s-curving now? So you are either throwing anhyzer putts or as nitegolfer said, overpowering your putt.

When you were good at putting did you throw s-curves? I throw my putts flat and they fade a little at the end of their flight path. Since you've got some help has your putting come good?
Why is this in Lost & Found?
maybe cos hes lost his putting skillz?
I have a stack (10 to 15) of challengers ranging from168 to most of them being Max weight in X, Pro D, Soft, and Crystal Z plastics. Now the soft X plastic is my favorite but you give me a challenger and i can put with it. I know this because of practicing in my back yard with my stack of challengers. I use two at a time and still putt almost every day. Its just a different two each time so i don't get hooked on just one. I have found it makes no difference which two i use i have good days and bad days. More good days than bad now but still have the bad ones. I just move in on those days. Practice and find a routine.
The S-Curve was actually unintentional, Hootie. That's how bad my putting really is.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968