www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So, this dude from my club, clayton, said I need a heavier putter.

Apparently, if I throw 160-170g discs, a 150 putter won't work for me :(

And on that note.

If anyone has seen my putting style, what kind of putter should I get next?

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kyle,

yeah, but that tells us what you're doing wrong. Either you're throwing the disc with too much snap, causing it to turn over, or you're releasing on an anhyzer angle. Get some other club members to have a look at your putts, they should be able to identify the problem pretty quickly.
never heard that, but Chas always used to tell me "don't blame the disc". i like the way you put it too.

Mark Stephens said:
You know what I am going to say right? I hope that it is starting to get into your head...

It is the bow, not the arrow.

Do the Mark Ellis Confidence Putting Clinic. Information can be found here on this site.

New putters are not needed, just dedication.
haha i love putting because its the holy grail of disc. if you got it, you're good, when you don't, its bad. PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE. when i taught myself to putt, i tried different things until i pieced together what i call my short game. don't overthink it, but you have to concentrate... HAHAA i love to putt. i have 5 putters in my bag, not a one the same either different by weight or model. you can see it on my page. anyways.. PRACTICE
Jonny said:
I kinda have the same problem, I'm not in love with the feel of either of the putters I have (rattler and D challenger). I like the challenger better, I'm thinking about getting an FLX one?

the FLX are great as putter drivers......but prefer regular d or soft(if you like)......the FLX challenger seems to have more spitouts.....but that could just be me.
Kyle Jacob Smalling said:
I'll have to try to work on my putts when its less windy.

I can get a real feel for what it wrong. If its me, then I'll fix it

If its my putter, I'll see..

I was thinking either get a kc aviar, those look nice. Or a discraft magnet? Or an omega super soft. Or a gateway thing. I think the DGA has junk discs, so I wouldn't ever consider a disc from them.

Any other good putters I haven't mentioned?

Kyle......I'll save you from a tongue lashing but your above statement requires clarification....How many DGA discs have you thrown???? did you know discraft makes them for DGA therefore you are saying discraft sucks.....In addition I think DGA makes tons on great products......I think that the Rogue is one of the best turnover distance drivers out there.....so if you have some insight to provide why you don't like DGA products please feel free to expand.....but without a knowledge to back your statement, it is like saying "ice cream sucks" without ever tasting it.....get it?????
OK to experiment in non tournament situations !!!!
Try a KC Pro 12x or KC Pro 10x for Stiffer Rim Putter. 170-172 or 174-175.

For Softer Feel , JK around 170-172 or 174-175.
So, How much different from a normal aviars are the kc ones?

And how do they stand up against trees. After most drives, I use a putter for my next shot. Whether it be 10 feet or 50 feet.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968