www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Wondering who played a round during the lunar eclipse tonight.

Joe Harr and I played two rounds of glow tonight at Grand Woods in Lansing, Michigan. We started just before the Earth's shadow began covering the Moon. There was patchy cloud cover while the shadow was crossing the Moon during our first round. A few holes into the second round the clouds started clearing showing the full moon in the Earth's shadow. For the rest of the round there was not a cloud in the sky. By the time we were five holes from finishing the shadow had past and we were in the full moon's glory again. It was by far one of the best nights/day of disc golf I have ever played. A big thanks goes out to Steve "Stimpi" Simmons from Spokane, Washington for posting about the eclipse. I would not have known about it otherwise.

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had no idea about the eclipse but it sounds like you guys had fun! check out your page I am about to leave you a message!
trevor, sounds like an amazing experience. I got to check it out from my deck after my kids were asleep. Definately neat to observe!! you guys still have snow on the ground???? LEDS or glow plastic???my snow-glow rounds have been brutal looking for discs. therefore haven't been doing any glow recently.
LEDs taped on top...
I started having adhesion issues by the second round
kewl to start out in the brightness of the full moon then feel the light diminish almost like a weak sunset
the clouds were kinda thick and when it went fully covered I thought we wouldn't see it again
lo and behold the clouds disappeared and a smokey lookin sort of orange-ish full moon was clearly visible though it gave no real light...
the rest of the night sky stars & planets seemed incredibly bright without the moon shining
then after another couple holes a sliver of brightness began along the bottom and each subsequent hole got brighter until we finished with a full moon just as we'd begun...
we teed about 8pm est, finished maybe 12:30, got a lil chilly by the end but really the night seemed pretty mild as there wasn't much wind...
my neck hurts though from lookin up so much.....
we played in Weatherford Texas last night, my buddy Andy, myself, and my brother Dean, we started around 6:30 and the eclipse started about half way through the round
it was seventy degrees and a cloudless sky, when the moon was rising it was really bright so the eclipse was awesome, plus the fact that we were in t-shirts
after we finished the round we just kinda hung out on a picnic table and watched it until it was completely covered, then my brother and I went home and got my telescope out and watched it for a while longer
very cool indeed
Lunar Eclipse Glow Round Ice Bowl

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968