www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hi. I work for Trulia.com, a revolutionary real estate search engine. I'm writing a piece for my Trulia blog (http://www.trulia.com/blog/ruth) about the best places for disc golfers to live. How will I determine the spots on this list? Your feedback! So let it rip...

Tags: area, best, city, club, course, disc, golfers, most

Views: 269

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Michigan. Kalamazoo/Battle Creek area.
http://www.trulia.com/blog/ruth/2008/10/the_3_best_places_for_di

There's the link to my blog post. Thank you everyone for sharing your opinions! Looks like there are lots of great places for disc golfers to live here in America and abroad!
On the course!, Best anwser
New Hampshire is awesome.....for seven months and then it becomes rather challenging. I grew up in South Carolina and I have to say that you'll be hard pressed to find such a great combination of sweet courses and awesome year around weather as they have in the Palmetto State.
I don't like the big freaking banner on "my bag" page ... meah. Home page ... fine. My page ... not.

Big surprise that home town is right on top considering it's a "real estate" and business related project. wow.

Glad CO isn't even marked on the map ... it sucks here ... keep rumor going. ;)
Were all going to bias to our own home courses, I dont think people are looking at it as a place to live but more of one with the most courses around. Yes i am a disc golfer, Nor-cal has the perfect weather for me, maybe not enough courses yet, but beautiful scenery, small towns, friendly people. Everything is here so this is the best place for this disc golfer to live............................................................................
hey now,funny thing is that my cousin said the same thing about CO.I'll keep the rumor going

John McMullen said:
I don't like the big freaking banner on "my bag" page ... meah. Home page ... fine. My page ... not.

Big surprise that home town is right on top considering it's a "real estate" and business related project. wow.

Glad CO isn't even marked on the map ... it sucks here ... keep rumor going. ;)
My fiancee took a job in North Carolina ( we are from Michigan) and we actually chose our townhouse due to the fact that it's close for him and myself for work as well as the fact that we are pretty much central to all the courses in the surrounding areas.
Per capital Tulsa, Oklahoma has more courses than anyone around.
Having fun with that big banner :)

Oh, and I won't spoil your game much, but I do like Colorado :)
I feel I accurately prefaced the list with enough disclaimers but I guess I should also address the map - it's just a visual aid and not meant to accurately represent disc golf locations. It's more of a free form idea of my perception regarding disc golf as a nationally growing sport.

John McMullen: Savvy web users know that in order to take advantage of free content sites like this one, interactions with promotions, sponsorships and even straight up advertisements are common and frankly, necessary. Because I am professionally involved in online display advertising, I appreciate your perspective that a banner on "your" page is distracting (even though the page does not actually belong to you). For this reason, I have requested it be removed from "My Bag" pages. However, I do hope that if and when this (or any other free site you patronize) site is not sustainable in one man's free time, that you (and other users) are understanding.

Bob Rentsch: Thank you for bringing up the valuable point that we are all bias toward our home courses. Any "best of" list is entirely unprovable with facts and this one is no exception. The fun part is the discussion; the back and forth; the comparison; the opportunity to learn about other places and all feel connected through the sport.
Ruth said:
I feel I accurately prefaced the list with enough disclaimers but I guess I should also address the map - it's just a visual aid and not meant to accurately represent disc golf locations. It's more of a free form idea of my perception regarding disc golf as a nationally growing sport.

John McMullen: Savvy web users know that in order to take advantage of free content sites like this one, interactions with promotions, sponsorships and even straight up advertisements are common and frankly, necessary. Because I am professionally involved in online display advertising, I appreciate your perspective that a banner on "your" page is distracting (even though the page does not actually belong to you). For this reason, I have requested it be removed from "My Bag" pages. However, I do hope that if and when this (or any other free site you patronize) site is not sustainable in one man's free time, that you (and other users) are understanding.

Bob Rentsch: Thank you for bringing up the valuable point that we are all bias toward our home courses. Any "best of" list is entirely unprovable with facts and this one is no exception. The fun part is the discussion; the back and forth; the comparison; the opportunity to learn about other places and all feel connected through the sport.

Ruth, I was just poking fun at it ... nothing personal, and sorry if you took it that way. If it's an ad ... and Terry is getting paid to have it there ... LEAVE IT!
BTW, I'm going to MEXICO ... according to the map (yeah, I know ... it's visual aid), looks like there's some crazy dense disc golf down there! Cheers! :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968