www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hi. I work for Trulia.com, a revolutionary real estate search engine. I'm writing a piece for my Trulia blog (http://www.trulia.com/blog/ruth) about the best places for disc golfers to live. How will I determine the spots on this list? Your feedback! So let it rip...

Tags: area, best, city, club, course, disc, golfers, most

Views: 269

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well it may not be the best as far as the quanity of courses concentrated in close proximity to one another in any major city ....But in Florida we do play all year long without dealing with subfreezing weather. In comparsion, the Ball Golf 'off season' is considered summer, fees are generally lower and the courses are less crowded. Good luck...hope that helps, Jamie
On the course. =)
Doesn't the Austin, Texas have the most courses offered?
I'm from San Diego , CA. Weather here is nice year around.
Weather in Wisconsin may not be the greatest all year round, but as far as scenery goes Wisconsin has some of the best. Plenty of courses in Wisconsin to play and many cities have multiple courses. I can play the 2 courses in oshkosh wiscosnin and drive 10 minutes out of town each way and go to another course. Many courses here in the woods with beautiful fall scenery and plentiful wildlife. Winter disc golf is pretty big here. There is so much variety in Wisconsin and each season has something spectacular to add to disc golf.
Austin, Texas would be my vote.
Well east or west to south to north find a place you like with courses play them.ONLY YOU WELL KNOW.good luck I live in south and love it.
Personally, I'd pick somewhere is georgia.

I would never move to texas, my disc golfin bro lived there. Its over 100 degrees,IN THE MORNING.
For a small metroplitan community, Syracuse NY has some very good Disc golf opportunity. there are three courses in the close in area and probably half a dozen more less than an hour drive from the city. two of the three local courses have been used to host pdga sanctioned events, the third is just a little 9 hole pitch and putt. It is kind of historic though, it was installed in 1977.
The Dallas/Fort Worth, TX area has an amazing number and variety of courses, and they are playable every month out of the year. There are some other great areas with a high concentration of courses, such as Des Moines and Minneapolis/St. Paul, but there are several months out of the year when the courses get very little play. Here in North Texas, you still get all four seasons, but it is a little bit easier to play in 100 degree heat here in July than it is to play in the upper Midwest in January in zero degrees and 6 inches or more of snow on the ground.

No bias here, I grew up in the Midwest and first played DG there 30 years ago, and I have traded the brutal heat of July, when you can still play DG if you wear a hat and take hydration with you, gladly to give up the blizzards of January, where walking a few block to my college class was an adventure.

And, since you are talking real estate, the DFW residential market is holding its value much better than the national average.
I think Houston has the most courses as far as quantity, but I would have to say Austin has the better selection. And it is such a fun city! Just my Texas input.
East Coast Still Rules! The Lehigh Valley surrounding area has a wide arrray of disc golf courses to choose from. Each has its own unique personality. The Lehigh Parkway has long flowing, flat, open fairways. Several challenging elevation changes with some water hazards to keep you honest. Jordan Park is another prestigious course. This course has it all! There is a great mix between long, open, finely manicured fairways and challenging elevation changes. Great course to play all year round. Water Hazards galore and newly installed tee pads are some of the many reasons to play here. Lake Nocamixon is a gruelling course. Tight, tree filled, rocky terrain, will eat up the best of drives. Great scenery and plenty of water hazards. Then, there is the dynamic duo of courses. Long Trout Winery. Home of Cosmic Charisma, Chocolate Cherriola, and my mom's favorite Strawberry Fields Forever. There are too many wines to list, but their all very tasty. I still think my favorite wine is " I shoulda shot a 51 " The winery also has custom stamped discs and minis, along with t-shirts and other merchandise. De Salle's University, South Mountain, Hackett's Park, and Wehr's Damn are just a few of the many courses, just in the Lehigh Valley. There's nothing like Sugarbush in Vermount. New Jersey, Deleware, New York, Maine, Mass, all have stellar courses.Then there's Virginia, NC, and not to mention Florida. Places i never been but had the pleasure to read about. Move to Pa and you are within a days drive of all that life has to offer on the East Coast.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968