www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hi. I work for Trulia.com, a revolutionary real estate search engine. I'm writing a piece for my Trulia blog (http://www.trulia.com/blog/ruth) about the best places for disc golfers to live. How will I determine the spots on this list? Your feedback! So let it rip...

Tags: area, best, city, club, course, disc, golfers, most

Views: 227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Definitely not Australia!
I live just north of Ann Arbor Michigan. from my house with in 65 miles any direction i can get to at least 45 courses. 20 of those are with in 30 miles so i would say Ann Arbor Michigan
st. pete florida
Michigan, because disc golf is a 4 season sport. Disc golfing in 2 feet of snow is fun if you have the right attitude. A course can change from one day to the next, fluffy powder one day icy crust the next. It forces you throw differently every day. We've got a fair amount of courses here and they all change with the seasons, it never gets old.
Colorado disc golf is a pretty amazing scene to be a part of. We have tournaments pretty much every weekend of the year, somewhere in the state, and we have lots of good courses all over the state. The people and the camaraderie can't be beat! Fort Collins is where I live and although we lack more than one 18 hole course in town, we have 5-6 great 18's within 60 miles, and we have a great club in town whose competitive players continually push me to improve.

Portland, OR has some pretty sweet courses in close proximity as well. I'll throw a good word in for Flagstaff, AZ too.
I would think part of it would depend on how you deal with the weather. Im from Wisconsin and hate the snow and cold, for example, but I know that Michigan has a lot of courses and very active tournament scene.
now.. being In the dallas.TX area I'd agree with Bill that we have a huge number of courses as well, but the heat gets to me more and more each year. maybe I'm getting old,hehe.

and I love some of the courses Ive played in more 'elevated' areas like NM or CO.

I think I asked this same question before Ruth, and pretty much got the same replies you have I believe.

ideally, I would love to someday move to somewhere in the midwest that has the best of both worlds. Plenty of courses nearby and a reasonable change of seasons.

where could that be? hehe.
michigan.
Ann Arbor, Michigan offers some great courses. If you can endure the harsh winters, this area has some great courses most notably Hudson Mills (48 holes). I've played a bit in Austin, TX, which has some nice courses as well. Those are the best two disc golf areas I've personally played. Hope this helps!
hey now,The great state of the UNITED STATES!!Unlimited play abounds in all states.Peace
Gotta say , Tampa bay area, Clearwater to be more specific , two great courses 7 minutes away from eachother w/ disc shop in between, Local Pro Ken Climo stoppen by ever so ofter, great people and hand fulls of courses scattered to the north east and south of the bay, low 70's in the winter isnt bad either''_ Harbor High Flyers''
I'd have to say that Tulsa is a good city for year round golf. Sure it gets cold but your not dealing with the stuff the northern states are. There are plenty of courses and a small drive gets you to 4 other states to play. Never thought I would say it go OK.
Tree Town all day long. Allways adding more courses

David Nelson said:
Ann Arbor, Michigan offers some great courses. If you can endure the harsh winters, this area has some great courses most notably Hudson Mills (48 holes). I've played a bit in Austin, TX, which has some nice courses as well. Those are the best two disc golf areas I've personally played. Hope this helps!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968