www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hi. I work for Trulia.com, a revolutionary real estate search engine. I'm writing a piece for my Trulia blog (http://www.trulia.com/blog/ruth) about the best places for disc golfers to live. How will I determine the spots on this list? Your feedback! So let it rip...

Tags: area, best, city, club, course, disc, golfers, most

Views: 256

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kyle said:
Weather in Wisconsin may not be the greatest all year round, but as far as scenery goes Wisconsin has some of the best. Plenty of courses in Wisconsin to play and many cities have multiple courses. I can play the 2 courses in oshkosh wiscosnin and drive 10 minutes out of town each way and go to another course. Many courses here in the woods with beautiful fall scenery and plentiful wildlife. Winter disc golf is pretty big here. There is so much variety in Wisconsin and each season has something spectacular to add to disc golf.

I also live in Wisconsin, but in Appleton. There are 10 different courses within 30 minutes of my house. I'll be leaving work in a few minutes and will practically drive by an 18-holer and a 9-holer to play a different 18-holer. The time from me shutting down my computer for the weekend to throwing my first drive will be less than 15 minutes. Then I'll be only 15 minutes from home. There are courses 45 minutes from my house that I don't bother with too often because of the gas, but I can play a different course every day of the week if I feel like it. Heck, there are weekly leagues several days a week at different courses in the area. Lots of courses = not lots of crowds.
Tulsa OK isn't bad with 15 courses within 45 minutes.

There is even an apartment complex that offers it's own disc golf course
in a house. :)
I'll say Florida -- You can golf all year long. No snow. No heavy jackets,to wear and bog you down. It's the home of Ken Climo the 12 X World Champion. We have the biggest Disc Golf Store in the south to shop at Clearwater Disc Golf Store - 365 days a year 12 hours a day and then some! We have 8 local courses, We have some of the most competitive Pros here. Why not live here in this tropical paradise?
Florida! :) Clearwater in particular :)

Wendy G. said:
I'll say Florida -- You can golf all year long. No snow. No heavy jackets,to wear and bog you down. It's the home of Ken Climo the 12 X World Champion. We have the biggest Disc Golf Store in the south to shop at Clearwater Disc Golf Store - 365 days a year 12 hours a day and then some! We have 8 local courses, We have some of the most competitive Pros here. Why not live here in this tropical paradise?
Florida! :) Clearwater in particular :)

If you're a scientologist, even better :-P
Sorry I didn't get around to this yet, sis.
Not taking into account weather, housing/job markets. Just courses and capacity.

-Central coastal Maine.
-Central Mass
-Buffalo/Rochester NY
-Tri corner of NY, PA, NJ
- Western PA
- South Bend IN
- Ann Arbor MI
- Traverse City MI
- Ludington MI
- Any dang city in Wisconsin
- Twin Cities MN
- St. Louis MO
- Nashville, Memphis TN
- Cincinnati/Northern KY
-Bowling Green KY
- Iowa
-Just west of Denver CO
- Idaho borders with Montana and Washington
- Seattle
-Portland OR
- Phoeniz/Flagstaff AZ
- Sipapu NM
- Lubbock/San Antonio/ Austin/ DFW/ Houston/Tyler TX
- Little Rock AR
-Tampa Bay area FL
- Augusta GA

and others
SO CAL of course only because its year round.
I would have to say the Carolinas is the place, we have a group of great courses and of course the weather is a plus. We are also close to GA which have a wonderful selection of courses. Anyway I haven't been playing for ever but that's my 2 cents.
bowling green KY
Half a block from the first tee ;-)
Probably not Alaska, though we do love the courses we have!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968