www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Good discs...
Good times...
Good bye... :(

Tags: lost, return, steal, tool

Views: 14

Replies to This Discussion

This one is more of a sentimental thing, but I lost a TL a few years back at Morley Field. Threw it over the wall into the nursery and it was never seen again. It was like the earth stole it from me.
Saturday, 1/10/09. Second hole, first round of a 2 round tournament, Bear Creek, Grapevine TX. CE Aero I have had since 2002, superb straight flier through the woods. Crosswind was too strong for it, turned it right into Bear Creek. Group by the next tee watched it go in, but none would come back to show me where it went in. After the round, went back with a borrowed retrieval device to find it. Ended up getting my center of gravity past my support point on the bank - splash. Could not touch the bottom of the creek. Thought about diving for it in the second before the cold, cold water let me know that wasn't a good idea. Did not have a change of clothes Spent lunch break quickly driving home and back just in time for second round.

Judging past history of lost discs here in DFW, I will never see it again. Curse you deep water!!!
First disc I owned, a Blue CE Valkryie, lost on hole one Tower Ridge. This was of course 20 min. after buying it!
First ever lost disc that I didn't get back within 2 days.
I lost a tie-dyed QJLS in a stupid spot. Hole 3 at Morley Field in San Diego when the basket is on the right. I tried to put a little anhyser on it but got the nose up and it dove in the trees on the left where they sometimes have the basket for 2. I saw where it went in, searched for 15 minutes (gotta love the wait at Morley), asked the 4 groups behind us if they saw it or picked it up (one of which we played through on 2 because they lost a disc in the same spot mine went) and NOTHING. More than a week later and still no one has turned it in or called my phone number thats plastered on it.
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

The course called me today. They found my disc. I was so stoked when I got the call, even though I did already have to replace it. I missed the tye die though and its back baby!!!!!
Good kharma people. Return or turn in lost discs and the disc gods will reward you.

Godfather said:
First ever lost disc that I didn't get back within 2 days.
I lost a tie-dyed QJLS in a stupid spot. Hole 3 at Morley Field in San Diego when the basket is on the right. I tried to put a little anhyser on it but got the nose up and it dove in the trees on the left where they sometimes have the basket for 2. I saw where it went in, searched for 15 minutes (gotta love the wait at Morley), asked the 4 groups behind us if they saw it or picked it up (one of which we played through on 2 because they lost a disc in the same spot mine went) and NOTHING. More than a week later and still no one has turned it in or called my phone number thats plastered on it.
Hole 8 on New Tower in Eau Claire, WI. I lost my first ace disc which was a elite x black wasp with a misprint HOWLEEWOOD 77 stamp. It was the coolest disc that I have owned and I was mad at myself for losing it. There was some person in the woods off too the right who was making weird noises right after I took my shot and it was creepin me out so I did not watch where my disc went. I spent about 45 minutes that day looking for it and of course no one has called me back. RIP HOWLEEEHOOOD : (
Oh man where do I begin...here's to all my lost sidewinders, every one of you were precious to me....and my favorite soft white rhino I lost at the mad city open last summer...here's to all the birdies we shared
ESP Limited Edition Sparkly Blue Discraft Venom with Red Hot Stamp.
I lost it on Hole 14 The Monster at Hudson Mills.
When winter is in full swing, you have to take advantage of playing every chance you get. So we thought it was a smart Idea to be out on the Monster in 20" of snow with 20mph winds, Man it was cold out. But that is nothing that a pair of snow pants can't take care of. We had ribbons on the disc, and i know it came down in the fairway so someone got lucky when the snow melted. I get sad everytime I think about it. Man I felt like an idiot, I shouldn't have even bee throwing a disc like that in a blizzard, but it just throws so good on a windy day. I could just Rip It Forehand.
I lost my favorite disc ever. 6 year old champ orc, my baby >< It was so predictable... i remember first time i dueced #16 @ rolling hills with that disc... pure heaven :P RIP to my baby blue orc
my first Buzzz. a crystal Z. clear. I had almost lost it quite a few times because of it's clear color, but it flew so nice I couldnt bear to get different color replacement. it finally prompted me to learn a bit about dyeing discs and I finally got a semblance of color on it, but they dont take dye well . I always seem to lose discs when I take a second shot when I am out alone on a course practicing and sure enough, at Paschal park in Mesquite soon after it opened I tried a big spike hyzer over the trees with it and I threw a bad low toss and it got stuck in a very tall tree. I couldnt even see it way up there :(

but here she is.I'll always have the memories. I forgot to tell her I love her or even give a hug before she was gone. /sob

My 1st FAV that I lost was a sweet 169 z-Wildcat. It was orange with 3 pot leaves in the middle and said 420 DISC GOLF. It was my baby. I had so many friends offer to buy it from me, but I'd never let it go. I threw it in a shallow creek in Colwich during a tournament. We couldn't find it quickly, so we moved on. When I went back, it was nowhere to be found. It seems one of my "friends" got a little greedy; I wouldn't be a bit suprised to find that up on someone's wall:(

There have been several other cool discs I've lost to water holes:
169 Orc- black with a red Marvin the Martian dye
169 Teebird with a "duh" turtle dye (by Disc Diva)
Champ Wraith with blue/black turtle dye- tagged with Duh in the dye (made by an ex-bf)
My own 1st attempt at a dye: a light blue Destroyer with pink swirl- I dyed the edge & put a turtle on it.

All very sad losses, but I've learned to quit throwing the cool stuff; hang it on the wall- DUH!
169g Augusta Wraith, reddish pink with a rainbow stamp. Losing it confirmed my theory that one should never throw rare/tournament stamp discs. The loss hurts and they're difficult to replace.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968