www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm new here. I couldn't find a related discussion, so I hope this isn't an annoying post.

I just got the DG bug again after about 25 yrs. I was throwing my old fav. 91-Mold and broke it.

I can't find any reference to it on the innerweb. Has anyone here heard of this disc? I think I might like to have a replacement, although I am getting used to the modern stuff.

I met up with a good player on my local course and we chatted a bit about some of my other old discs. He said these are worth some $. True? He offered to buy my 25yr old Aviar.

I have been loaning some of my old plastic to newb friends for use around water holes, but maybe this was a mistake. Some were illegal for tournament play, e.g. 19.5 cm, 195g.

Comments and advice are welcome.

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

http://www.discgolfsweden.se/discar/discar_sokdisc_eng.aspx?DiscId=...

heres a link for you! this is a great resource for discs old and new!
91 mold...is this the disc that flies sorta like a shingle in the wind? lol

Look up "Complete Book of Frisbee"
by Victor A Malafronte, F Davis Johnson (Editor), Rachel Forbes (Illustrator)

a great book on discs - he has collectors estimated values on it. Any old Roc's & Aviars always reatain value.

Old plastic tends to get brittle - I think it's crazy to spend large sums on an old disc. Probably best to let the 91 go & begin learning some of the newer discs.

Welcome back!
Actually, the oldest your Aviar could be is 24 years old. They were introduced at the 1984 WDGC in Rochester, NY.

Welcome back!
OMG, Ill be taking the time to write that fact down for the next time I need to correct them on when certain disc came out.....NOT REALLY!? ROFL Unbelievable
Jack, do you have a problem with what I typed? I wasn't putting the guy down or anything. Did you think I was taking a shot at him?
Dude, my first putter ( don't remember the weight) was a La Mirada Open 1981 putter by whamo...God I miss her
Not going to justify my self to you, but I was looking at this as a discussion on old molds not that fact that he was a few months off on a estimate of time. Seems like some people take this a bit to seriously.

On another note, I have an old Innova Coupe that I have had for "ABOUT" 20 yrs or so and it was one of my first if not my first disc golf disc. And it was the only one I owned at the time. It still throws great....a little understable but great to play catch with and I carry it for good luck in my bag
I have heard of the 91 mold - in fact I have a few of them myself. What color is it? Mine are blue and magenta. If you're looking for something similar to it, see if you can find an Innova Stingray. I think the 91 mold was based on the Stingray (Innova molded the 91 mold for Wham-O, which you already know from the bottom of the disc.

Be careful throwing your old plastic as it can get brittle over time. I have a few 20+ year old discs in my bag, and I treak them very tenderly (imagine Judge Smales with his "Billy Baroo" putter in Caddyshack). And keep the old stuff away from water holes, at least until you let me know what you have ! ;)

Kjell's disc golf sweden site is THE best place to find info on old discs, and new ones for that matter.

Hey Burnsy - at least *I* realized that you meant no harm with your post - it's just the professorial tone that might off-putt some folks. I get that sometimes too....
Thanks for the reply. My 91 mold is a blue model.

Thanks to everyone else for the cool linkies.

Rizbee said:
I have heard of the 91 mold - in fact I have a few of them myself. What color is it? Mine are blue and magenta.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968