www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i just bought a CryZtal Z Avenger SS and i thought that cryztal plastic was a blend of like z and esp or something like that, someone set me straight.

Tags: CryZstal, Z

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been told to leave them at home when it gets cold and wet out....difficult to grip
very true peter they suck to hold when wet or snowy

Peter Kunoff said:
I've been told to leave them at home when it gets cold and wet out....difficult to grip
i dunno where you guys got your info, or maybe mine is a fluke, but i just went out and played a few holes with it and it is quite "gummy" and isnt hard at all, i compared it to my ESP flash and its even more flexible then that but not as flexible as my FLX drone. i like it alot.
PLay with it at 20 - 30 degrees out and see if you still love it. Nice plastic when its warm out there very grippy and soft. but let that thing sit in the snow and you are basically throwing a formed piece of glass
There is Cryztal Z and Cryztal FLX. Cryztal Z has many more molds (Avenger, Avenger SS, Challenger, Wasp, Buzzz, Buzzz SS and more) than the Cryztal FLX. The CFLX has Buzzz, Avenger SS and Challenger molds. I think 500 each were produced, maybe more now. I know when I lost a CFLX Buzz it was hard to find another on EBAY still is actually. I do love the look and feel of that though. So if you have a Cryztal and its soft it might be a Cryztal flx which are pretty cool and fairly rare.
I have heard that the Z, CE or any candy like plastic contains some polyurethane....It's what makes it transparent....not positive on that. If that is true, maybe the ratio is different. Plus, the amount of heat used in the injection molding process has something to do with it.
I thought crystal just meant it was a clear see through champion or elite-z disc..
nah, the plastic is different for sure.
crystal z actually has various precious crystals mixed in with regular z plastic. they make the discs only when they are done using a certain mold, as the diamonds, alexandrites,etc. tend to cut into the iron mold. discraft actually gets a pretty good discount on blood diamonds from africa.
i can see the facets on the underside of the disc!
Sounds like Cryztal FLX to me. I have alot of Cryztal disc and have never seen/heard of any that were gummy. The plastic thats used for Cryztal is just a harder Z.

I wonder if its possible that you have a misprint CryztalFLX or even a Cryztal that they were adding some FLX to, to see what would happen, more of a expermint disc. The reason I say that is because I had the oppritunity to purchase a Supper Gummy/Floppy Z Pred from a Discraft pro last year. It was a perfect see thru red Pred that you could roll up in your hand. I kick myself in the ass for not getting it now.

-Eric-
yea sounbds kinda like that, like i said, i compared to my flx drone and it isnt as floppy as that, but it is more floppy than any esp disc i have.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968