www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What would you say is the best new innovative person / product in the disc golf world this year?

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not that much was new in the last year or so. The extra wide rimmed drivers came out (Force, Destroyer, etc.). This website and Flying Disc magazine premiered. Although not new in the last year, perhaps the biggest driving force in the sport may be Youtube.com. I think a lot people who get exposed to the sport go to this website and are surprised to learn how big and fun the game is.

As the sport continues its grass roots growth it should not be many years (or sooner) before a major sports manufacturer jumps into the market. Even if their products are inferior (at least at first) to what is on the market, their presence and economic power will change the game as we know it. Can you imagine what (Nike, Reebok, Addidas, etc.) Disc Golf might do for expansion and exposure of the sport?
Soon as that happens then we'll be "remembering the good old days".
What about the solar power night golf lamps for baskets?? Those are fairly new. I'm not sure if they're from this year but I wish our parks had them down here in Raleigh, NC. I would have to agree on the launching of websites also. There's been a growth of great products and professional looking sites out there showing off what this sport has to offer. It's only going to get better.
Don't believe that Nike, Addidas, anyone soon is going to jump at the chance to get involved with 'disc golf.'

When skateboarding was small, were these big names involved? No.
When surfing was small? No.
Volleyball? No.
Bicycling? No.

It comes from within and always has.
Quiksilver, Billabong, DC Shoes, and more are big names now outside their related sports.
More players creates more market space.
The 'big' companies seem to come into an established base market.
They do not want to lose.
Agree about, Youtube. The ability to cheaply produce video productions is now affordable. Disc golfers themselves are growing the sport.
FLX
Mike Inscho said:
What about the solar power night golf lamps for baskets?? Those are fairly new. I'm not sure if they're from this year but I wish our parks had them down here in Raleigh, NC. I would have to agree on the launching of websites also. There's been a growth of great products and professional looking sites out there showing off what this sport has to offer. It's only going to get better.

I have never heard of these. They sound pretty badass though. Where have you seen them?
Gabriel said:
FLX

I have to second that.

Then again, ive seen alot of ppl with clip on beer koozies for their bags
Havn't seen that before

-Eric-
Steve Dodge (Vibram Open) and Craig Gangloff (upcoming Seneca Soiree) both are experimenting with changing the traditional disc golf divisions in tournament play. I still like the traditional divisions in that I play pro grandmasters and can't really compete in Open and don't really want to play for plastic anymore, but elmination of the masters division is an innovation. Ratings based turnies are interesting.
I would say the internet in general has been a big catalyst. As Mark Ellis stated, youtube, DGRUS, as well as PDGA.com, DGTV, PDGA radio, are all ways for new and old players to keep up with the sport and see all the cool progressions. Also, the people that don't know where to go find plastic and accessories to get started, or even find a course to play at are able to do a search or go on Ebay and find everything they need, all without really having to know someone to get them started. Especially people that are in smaller areas, they can order online and have a basket and some discs delivered in just a few days. I love the way this sport has really been boosted just from all of us being connected.
FLX, this site, and Mark Ellis
Disc Player Sports said:
Don't believe that Nike, Addidas, anyone soon is going to jump at the chance to get involved with 'disc golf.'

Volleyball? No.
Bicycling? No.

Quiksilver, Billabong, DC Shoes, and more are big names now outside their related sports.
Agree about, Youtube. The ability to cheaply produce video productions is now affordable. Disc golfers themselves are growing the sport.

I personnaly work for a big french sport company (400 megastores around the world) as product manager.
I can promise that discgolf is in our plans.
so if this is true can you tell us the name of this big company you work for? i am curious!
Jean Christyn said:
Disc Player Sports said:

Volleyball? No.
Bicycling? No.

I personnaly work for a big french sport company (400 megastores around the world) as product manager.
I can promise that discgolf is in our plans.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968