www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I stay loyal to Discraft, but since they own DGA I am thinking about starting to try out their discs. I've heard DGA gets Discrafts old molds and slightly modifies them and makes their own discs from there. Anyone know which DGA discs are derived from which Discraft ones? And how about the plastic DGA uses?

Views: 61

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When did Discraft buy DGA? I know that Discraft makes the Proline series for DGA, but I don't think that Discraft owns DGA. If they did, Discraft would be selling Pole Holes (tm) instead of Chainstar baskets.
wow.. That's news to me as well. I'm wondering when It happened too.
I'm not sure the exact story behind it, what I do know is that Discraft sponsored players are only allowed to use Discraft and/or DGA brand discs, none others.
i know my rogue flies really far
I think DGA is a separate company, but Discraft manufactures all their plastic for them. Discraft pros are allowed to throw DGA, but Im unsure about the molds and how they correspond. From what I know, the baskets are manufactured separately? Hopefully a Discraft pro might be able to set us straight on this?
To the best of my knowlege, Discraft and DGA are separate companies and have always been separate companies. Discraft makes DGA discs. DGA makes the Discraft Chainstar. Most DGA Discs are made with a candy blend. The only DGA disc I'm really familiar with is the Rogue. The Rogue is a great disc. I looks like it has a Surge top and a modified bottom.
Yep, definitely try a rogue, i like them.
I throw a Shockwave... and it's a great disc... really close to my Wasp....
I'm not sure about that, but I throw a DGA Riptide which is a stable disc in 167g and love it. Holds any line you put on it. This is about the only disc I can throw super far and have it stay straight all the way to the basket
mark ellis said:
To the best of my knowlege, Discraft and DGA are separate companies and have always been separate companies. Discraft makes DGA discs. DGA makes the Discraft Chainstar. Most DGA Discs are made with a candy blend. The only DGA disc I'm really familiar with is the Rogue. The Rogue is a great disc. I looks like it has a Surge top and a modified bottom.

So if someone was striving to become a Discraft sponsored player, they would not be shuned for throwing a couple of DGA disc?

-Eric-
Eric Sears said:
mark ellis said:

So if someone was striving to become a Discraft sponsored player, they would not be shuned for throwing a couple of DGA disc?

-Eric-

i dont think so....even on discrafts page, when you veiw what the players throw on their profile page, some pros have dga discs listed.
yes.....discraft pros such as Geoff Bennett and Mark Ellis throw Rogues......I think that the sparkle version( more stable than their proline counterparts) of DGA rogues is one of the best drivers out there!!!!! think understable surge!!!!! huge s-curves or hyzer flips......these things bomb.....actually going to pick up some more of the sparkle variety '08 worlds discs from charlie at gotta go gotta throw!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968