www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I stay loyal to Discraft, but since they own DGA I am thinking about starting to try out their discs. I've heard DGA gets Discrafts old molds and slightly modifies them and makes their own discs from there. Anyone know which DGA discs are derived from which Discraft ones? And how about the plastic DGA uses?

Views: 52

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love to throw my sparkle Tsunami and I used to throw a shockwave but I think it was a freak one because it was basically like my FLX drone.
The shockwave is very easy to control and can pretty much do anything that you need it to do.
I love my Blunt Gumbput. MMMMmmmm Sticky.
I throw a Squall, and shockwave and sometimes putt with the titanic.

The Squall is true DGA from what I have heard.

The Shockwave is basically a candy Drone discraft mold... Great disc!
Senior said:

really? its just like a Drone?
My Drone has more of a harder kick at the end of the flight than the Shockwave.... IMO but I carry both... plus 2 Wasps and a Buzzz so they are all similar with slight diffrences to justify me holding on to all of them.
Rick said:
My Drone has more of a harder kick at the end of the flight than the Shockwave.... IMO but I carry both... plus 2 Wasps and a Buzzz so they are all similar with slight diffrences to justify me holding on to all of them.

sweet, i use a meteor, buzzz, wasp and drone. i might have to add a shockwave.
The Shockwave is the Torque, not a Drone. The Shockwave is not nearly as overstable as a Drone.
Titanic = Magnet. That's why Discraft doesn't make an ESP Magnet. They make it for DGA. It has "Magnet" molded in the inner rim.
Reef = APX Like the Magnet/Titanic the APX/Reef has the APX molded in the underside of the flight plate.
Rogue is similar to Surge SS but not the same disc. There are subtle but visible differences in the underside of the wing. I throw the Rogue for a go-to driver.

The Blowfly is an excellent disc for playing long distance catch. It won't mess with your golf form and the super soft plastic won't give you stingers.

If you're looking for DGA plastic at Black Friday prices, I'm having a holiday sale.

joshlotto said:
Senior said:

really? its just like a Drone?
I throw a New Squall.
love(d) my shockwave that just lost on wednesday. i recently bought an aftershock and i haven't gotten a real feel for it yet. i hope my shockwave finds it's way back to me.
it's been found!! i should have it back later in the week!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968