www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have recently been throwing the new Discraft force for good long distance ive been throwing at least 280-300 feet lately with it. I was using the TL I could get 300 but not as consistently as with the force. What seems to go the farthest for all of you? Im just courious because I need something to help me get good distance.

Views: 111

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I noticed almost the same thing today with my Buzzz. I was at a baseball field just practicing drives and threw all of my drivers and figure, eehhh I'll throw my Buzzz too and it went as far as some of my drivers! Never throw it longer then my drivers though.

Though I think your thinking that the Illusion he is talking about is a midrange, it's a max. driver with decent overstablity.

eric beich said:
Jared Person said:
Alright so everyone is going to think im nuts but i throw the Illusion... i get about 425 ft. Now the destroyer and the boss both will fly further, but i have no idea what they are going to do, i put a boss about 475 flat ground the first time i threw one, but after that it flipped, it hyzered, it rolled... i have absolutely no control over that disc, the destroyer ( pro line ) is more consistent but i dont have the confidence because if i throw it at full power ( for a golf shot ) it flips...but the illusion will hold its line and fade out at the end. If i was throwing a distance comp then i would throw a destroyer, but for a golf distance shot i would recommend the illusion.

never fails to amaze me. when I occasionally go out to the park to just practice drives, I can throw what 'normally' are my big D discs, and then I'll pull out a DX shark or similar disc and rip one farther than my best drives of the day.
always blows my mind.
Another thing I noticed, at least for me that not at a park just practicing drives (cause I'm usually not as worried about control and focus more on my power and timing.)

But at the course seems most drivers I throw land about the same spot, within 10 to 15 feet apart. Like I'll throw my Surge, Flash, Blurr, or Diablo I had and they almost all land about same spot even though they're stablity and speed are a bit different. Maybe just a sign of my form and aim getting more consistent? or maybe just getting more consistent at my mistakes?
Pure distance: THE BOSS.
xcal forehand 450-500ft
hey dude how is it going....just adding on to your ? I recommend a disc that flies fast but maybe not as stable as the force for the meantime. I've thrown the force and i preferably use it to get around a tight shot, around some trees with my forehand. But the wraith or destroyer of any type of plastic is sick. if THe pure hyzer isn't getting the best results you want, try and throw a little anhyzer into it and see it give you at least 20 0r 30 more feet on to your throw...see ya:
Star Destroyer hot pink 170g
Used to be the Star Destroyer, but now it is the Champion Boss. The boss is giving me another 40-50 feet.
172 pro wraith with a flip hyzer
175 star xcaliber put as much juice as i got on it
The farthest disc I have throw is a black star wraith at 169 grams. I max out at about 350 or so.
172 Special Blend Orc
174 FLX Pulse (I was told there are only 24 out there)
discraft avenger and star valkarie (weights unknown)
Can someone help with me with this question, if I only throw around 300 feet (forehand) but I get the same distance with the cyclone 176g as I do with a crush 171g, should I stop using the crush because my arm is not powerful enough to use the disc as its designed?

The disc that I get to go farthest and with the most control is a z wildcat 170 but its getting real old and beat up. That disc in the woods is a perfectly straight line always with a small amount of fade at the end. I was thinking about trying the avenger ss or surge ss or even a valk... what would you recommend for smaller arm, I haven't thrown most of the disc's mentioned in the thread because the shops around my area don't carry a lot of inventory?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968