www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have recently been throwing the new Discraft force for good long distance ive been throwing at least 280-300 feet lately with it. I was using the TL I could get 300 but not as consistently as with the force. What seems to go the farthest for all of you? Im just courious because I need something to help me get good distance.

Views: 120

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm also a Star TL fan b/c of its accuracy in tight situations, but I can't seem to get the D that I want. So when I'm faced with a long distance stunner shot I usually pull out one of my Star Destroyers. This applies for both my back-hand and my flick shot.
Yeah but for a guy only throwing 300ft you shouldn't be using a Destroyer for D.

BTW at least 475 isn't bad when they have a hard time getting 500 at worlds and USDGC.
Boss
UPDGA-Tim said:
DUDE __EVERYONE is wrong except the guy tlking about the 169 gram destoyer_ ide say star plastic.
BUT hearing that your maxing out at 300 maybe 330 ,i would say get a 170ish maybe lighter champion candy VALKERYIE.
Valks hold the world record the last i checked 880 feet in australia ..My star destroyer is 175 and i can throw it at least 475 feet turning over.You need to get a disc that you can anhyzer and watch it soar back to the left and land straight,thats how you get maximum distance.I dont know how old you are or your skill level though so its hard to say what would really work for you.
A dx yellow 169 cheetah will do some crazy things with no wind..

hahaha how are you going to replay and say everyone is wrong? your a whack job dude.
LS roller
170 star beast
170 star destroyer
169 pro wraith
In my opinion, try changing your approach, not the disc. The more repitition with the same disc will always achieve faster results. Add an extra step to your approach, or increase arm speed during your release. Practice throwing in an open field and work on basic mechanics. When everthing is aligned properly, your distance will soar.
yea, maybe its your form, watch some youtube videos.
Wraith, Valkyrie, Beast so far.
I want to say my Force goes farther, but my Innova TeeRex seems to on average go a bit farther by about 30 feet. (300 for FOrce and 330 for teerex)
I'm thinking about trying an esp surge or force

I hear alot of good about them
.223 ....Surplus NATO Armor Piercing Tip.

Oh!!! Disc golf....172 Star Destroyer, right now.....I prefer 161 Champion Orc for Tailwind Drives.... can't seem to find one....and our local Vendors never get my Orc weight....one's got a box full of Quarter K's though and a bunch of crap nobody throws.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968