www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have recently been throwing the new Discraft force for good long distance ive been throwing at least 280-300 feet lately with it. I was using the TL I could get 300 but not as consistently as with the force. What seems to go the farthest for all of you? Im just courious because I need something to help me get good distance.

Views: 108

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Aviar! ;)
I had a proto star (big stamp) destroyer that helped with the distance and even an ace but lost it in the lake, the new star destroyers are not the same as the protos. I have pretty good distance with the star teerex's.
first run champion destroyer, or my new boss, not sure yet if it'll replace the destoyer
James Leblanc said:
KC pro Roc !

Yeah baby ... now we're talking. Poo-poo on all these new super-fast ultra-long distance drivers. ;)
Give me an Aviar or a Roc! :P
Shawn Welling said:
I want to say my Force goes farther, but my Innova TeeRex seems to on average go a bit farther by about 30 feet. (300 for FOrce and 330 for teerex)

So maybe you don't have the ARM for a Force. Heck even a Teerex for that matter.

There needs to be a "can throw 400+" clause on some discs if you want to use them as your distance disc.

Not knocking you as you didn't say anything wrong I just think some people need to realize what discs will be the longest for them isn't always the fastest thing out. If you don't have the arm to get a disc up to its cruising speed all you are doing is hurting yourself.
I would also say that if you're throwing a TL and a force roughly the same distance, then the force is too overstable for you for consistent golf max d. I would also recommend a high 160s-170 valk, roadrunner, sidewinder, surge ss, avenger ss, xs or flash-- Something that will optimize a flat throw for someone throwing a TL 300 ft on a good throw. Then when you gradually add more power (from improving your form) then you can use that disc as a hyzer flip disc and get even more distance. Just don't buy into the hype of new discs. A lot of the new discs are really only useful to people who already throw 375 with their current discs, and even then the improvment to your golf game is negligible.

I throw my TL 400 ft on a clean, wide open rip, so don't get rid of it, it's a fabulous control disc, useable on a variety release angles in the woods.
Brandon Swanson said:
I would also say that if you're throwing a TL and a force roughly the same distance, then the force is too overstable for you for consistent golf max d. I would also recommend a high 160s-170 valk, roadrunner, sidewinder, surge ss, avenger ss, xs or flash-- Something that will optimize a flat throw for someone throwing a TL 300 ft on a good throw. Then when you gradually add more power (from improving your form) then you can use that disc as a hyzer flip disc and get even more distance. Just don't buy into the hype of new discs. A lot of the new discs are really only useful to people who already throw 375 with their current discs, and even then the improvment to your golf game is negligible.

I throw my TL 400 ft on a clean, wide open rip, so don't get rid of it, it's a fabulous control disc, useable on a variety release angles in the woods.

Well its been almost a month since I put this up. My form has come around greatly I now have a flash, and and Avenger SS. And im throwing that force 380 I threw 420 exactly with my flash it was crazy. I threw it and it just took off to the right I couldn't even see it anymore then all of a sudden it just crash lands 10 feet from the basket. The hole was 420 feet long.
Steve said:
Brandon Swanson said:

Well its been almost a month since I put this up. My form has come around greatly I now have a flash, and and Avenger SS. And im throwing that force 380 I threw 420 exactly with my flash it was crazy. I threw it and it just took off to the right I couldn't even see it anymore then all of a sudden it just crash lands 10 feet from the basket. The hole was 420 feet long.

I'm glad to hear that you're having good success and even more pleased to hear that you're having fun playing golf and trying things out. I'm thinking about reintroducing the flash to my bag as well. It's sounds like you've got some good drivers in the bag. Forces and destroyers are nice, and when you hook one up on a great line, yes, you get more d, but I think you'll get better consistent d with that flash. Keep it up.
i'm sometimes surprised at how far some discs go, that i considered to be shorter. when i do field practice.
I do love the flash. But when I really try to get on it and use all my arm I always flip it over to much. In fact thats how I lost it practicing the other day. Threw it and it anhyzered and disappeared.

Brandon Swanson said:
Steve said:
Brandon Swanson said:

I'm glad to hear that you're having good success and even more pleased to hear that you're having fun playing golf and trying things out. I'm thinking about reintroducing the flash to my bag as well. It's sounds like you've got some good drivers in the bag. Forces and destroyers are nice, and when you hook one up on a great line, yes, you get more d, but I think you'll get better consistent d with that flash. Keep it up.
where at? im about to go look for it!
Oh man max distance...Thats hard. Open field throws I have to go with a 165G Sparkle Z Force. That maxes out for me about 550-580ish feet. For max D in closer areas I usally throw a 170-175 First Run ESP Surge for around 400-500ish feet. Hyzer flipped arrow with very very low fade.

-Eric-

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968