www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've been throwing more and more of my buzzes, ace race 08's, and drone lately which makes me wonder what kind of proportion most people keep of midranges to drivers in their bag. Thinking about getting a meteor because I don't have any understable midranges (or putt/approach). I keep 4 midranges in my bag and around 12 drivers.

Views: 61

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i like to travel as light as possible.usually, that means 2 drivers, two mid-rangers and a couple of putters (one of which is a tweener": midranger/putter). this has the added benefit of minimizing any overthinking and/or agonizing over which disk to use.

i also use this tactic to try out new plastic and new lines. if i always have 12-15 disks on me, i don't seem to get used to throwing any of them. with fewer disks, i get more practice with each disk over a shorter period of time. also, this sometimes forces me to find new lines. then, after a while, i swap out one or two disks and use them for a while.
5-6 mids
3 1st run buzzzs
1 X Comet
1 ESP Drone
and a Zone if you think that is a Mid,.

I probably have like 8-9 drivers. Some overlap it would seem but they all are pretty different.

2 Z forces
1 ESP Force
1 ESP flash
ESP Pred
Sparkle Tsunami
Z Tracker
2 ESP?Z Xls
3 mid range
2 mid drivers
3 long range drivers
4-5 midranges, depending on the course

and 15+ drivers
i use 7-10 putters, of different stabilities and wieghts.
Midrange discs are for pussies. Layin up will never win you a tournament. Throw long or go home!
i use midranges to outdrive clowns like you without having to walk too far to get my disc.

Chain Gang said:
Midrange discs are for pussies. Layin up will never win you a tournament. Throw long or go home!
Chain Gang said:

When you are laying up for the duece it will win you a lot.
Nice language. I hope you are not serious.
Chain Gang said:
5 mids....2 Classic Rocs, 1 10x, 1 Spectra "Tires Plus Total Car Care Ace" ....Buzzzzzzzz and 1 cool Z Breeze. Drivers range between 6 to 9....depending on the course and weather conditions. Putting with a bada$$ SS Magic lately.
FLX Challenger 171
Soft Challenger 171
Soft Magnet 171
FLX Buzzz 174
First Run Wasp 172
ESP Zone 172
Avenger SS 174 backhand roller
FLX Surge172
Z Crush 172
Z Avenger 172
ESP Pulse 171
ESP Force 168
ESP Force 174
Champ Beast 175
Z Flick 173
I think what discs you carry really depends on your ability to throw a wide variety of shots (backhand, forearm, tommies, thumbers, rollers...etc) and or what course you play, this really depends on the disc(s) you depend on. Some people I have played with that only throw backhand or forearm will have a completely different disc selection than I would because they can't alter their type of throw for each hole/lie.
5 MIDS
old school beat in dependable never let me down RIGHT TURNING 11 X KC Pro Roc (one ace with this)
old school not quite as beat in dependable never let me down STRAGHT flying 11 X KC Pro Roc
new school "over stable" (for a roc that is) 12 X KC Pro Roc (one ace with this)
worn dx Spider (for easy "S" turns and forehands and forehand rollers)
Star Gator for BIG "S" turns and hyzer forehands (THIS DISC HAS NEVER LET ME DOWN)

i have a sh*t ton of drivers. : )

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968