www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've been throwing more and more of my buzzes, ace race 08's, and drone lately which makes me wonder what kind of proportion most people keep of midranges to drivers in their bag. Thinking about getting a meteor because I don't have any understable midranges (or putt/approach). I keep 4 midranges in my bag and around 12 drivers.

Views: 55

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I only keep 3 different mid-ranges. One of them is a pro-d challenger and that's for anywhere between 100 to 200 feet, then a buzz is on the high end, possibly on a sharper turning shot, for ranges from 150-300 feet. My bag is comprised of mostly drivers because of the possibility of wind and hard turns on a given course.
Drivers:
176g Screamer (long shots - my #1 driver)
172g Raging Inferno (long hyzer shots)
173g XL (long straight shots)
176g #1 Helix (beat - rollers mainly)
168g Stingray (anhyzer drives)
175g Bomb (anhyzers - also for having fun at airports - "Guess what I've got in my bag???")

Midrange:
Dunno (2004 Ace Race disc, super for long-ish upshots but it's a cr@ppy color - green)
176g Roc (my "go-to" upshot disc)
Breeze (forehand upshots)

Putter:
Soft Challenger (putter) (parkay) (putter!)
Try to narrow it down to just a couple. Takes alot of guess work out of shots.
Mid Buzz

Driver
TL
Max
Wraith
Destroyer
150 flick
Monarch
2 Star Roc's light and heavy
1 Star Kite for the left to right
1 Champ Spider
1 Star BB Aviar Driver--GO TO DISC
1 Crystl Buzz for long open shots
1 LE Comet for the straight ones
1 Pro HUKLAB Rhyno

2 star wraith-- heavy and light
1 champion ORC
2 Champion Sidewinders
1 Star Firebird
1 Star Excaliber
1 Champ Monarch--Just got it
that really depends on the course and wind. a typical tournament bag would have

3 challengers one z one pro d and one soft

5 mids 2 buzz one wasp one buzz ss and a esp zone

6 drivers one first run z tracker, one elite z tracker, z XL, z reaper, z surge and a z glide
irwinje said:
very interesting lists from everyone. Seems a lot of people carry a lot of discs with them all the time. My bag is always rotating plastic in and out depending on the event, course and time of year. Depending on when you get me, I may have any of the following in my bag. I try to say under 15 discs + 2 putters.
Putting: Wizard/VooDoo/Magic
Mids: Wizard/Squall/Cro/Demon/Pig
Drive: XCaliber/TeeRex/Wraith/Orc/Sidewinder/Monarch
I always have the (M)Wizard and Squall for midrange shots

When I play practice or casual rounds I [almost] always carry less than 12. Usually one putter, 4 Rocs, a Gator, a couple of teebirds and a couple of long drivers. Mids still outnumber the drivers.
i toss a buzz, xd putter, challenger, meteor & stingray (have added a champion classic roc, but cant decide if it can stay in the bag or not). i have 11 drivers.
Mark Stephens said:
Hmmm...

When I followed Feldberg for 1 round at Worlds this year I saw him throw Rocs the majority of the time. I guess he does not know how to throw long and he should just go home.

Get a clue.

Chain Gang said:
Midrange discs are for pussies. Layin up will never win you a tournament. Throw long or go home!

hahaha, seriously.
Kyle Jacob Smalling said:
Whats the pig like for putts?
i have two pig putters. i like the feel of them but i just couldnt get them into the baskets like my flx challanger or xd. i had to remove them from my bag. on short throws i just couldnt get the right flight out of them, they cut to much at the end of the throw.
one mid and like 10 drivers
pooters-D-Challenger
middies-Z-Wasp 177
Z-Buzzz 176, Flx Buzzz 170, ESP Buzzz 174
2008 Ace Race 175, Z Storm
Drivers- Z Preadtor 174, Z Predator 168, X Wildcat 174, Z Wildcat 166, ESP Surge 170, FLX Surge 170, SS Surge 168, Z Avenger 167, SS Avenger 172, Z Tracker 167, Champ Orc, Champ Valk, Star Valk.

I know that's a bunch but each one has a specific job. I found it's easier to let the disc do what it wants instead of trying to talk it into sometning....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968