www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've been throwing more and more of my buzzes, ace race 08's, and drone lately which makes me wonder what kind of proportion most people keep of midranges to drivers in their bag. Thinking about getting a meteor because I don't have any understable midranges (or putt/approach). I keep 4 midranges in my bag and around 12 drivers.

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I got a Viper, 3- Wasps, Drone, Shockwave and a Buzz for my mids.... and Avenger SS, Avenger, Flash, 2- Surges, Tracker and a Predator (just lost a Cruch and Pulse) for my drivers.... also 3 putters
4 Buzzz's (1 ss sparkle, 1 1st run, 1 beat to hell elite x, 1 gt)
1 First Run metor
1 Ace Race 08
1 Zone
2 ESP Forces
3 Banger GT's (2 D plastic, 1 ESP)
2 ESP Surges
2 SS Avenger's (1 ESP and 1 Cryztal)
1 First Run ESP Pred
1 Sparkle Tsunami (Or how ever you spell that)
1 ESP Pulse
3 Banger GT's (2 D plastic, 1 ESP)
And pending on the weather (winter in MI) I have a FLX set thats a little different.
4-drone,wasp,buzz,comet
for midrange shots..I have ( all Innova )
169g Star Kite (great for medium long Left to Right shots)
175g KC Roc (use it for just about anything)
175g 12x KC Aviar (believe it or not I can chuck this thing down the short-medium cramped fairway with good results)

I'll use a
175g Champion Beast for looong S shots
169g Star Destroyer for maximum D in a wide fairway
171g Champion Valkyrie for long pin point shots
171g Star TL for long straight shots as well ( I'll use this one a lot under wet conditions)
I have many,,, which I rotate in and out of my bag depending on the cours to be played etc...

Buzzz
Glide
Meteor
Squall
Wasp
Shockwave
Roc
My bag at last weekends tournament (CO State Championships).

3 putters (2xAviar, 1xPig)
8 midrange (6xRoc, 1xGator, 1xViper) Two DX Rocs, one overstable flat, the other stable ... both for over water shots. Not willing to risk loosing any of the other 4.
2 fairway drivers (Teebird, TL)
1 long range turnover driver (Roadrunner)
1 ultra long range turnover driver (Monarch). Flew pretty good in the wind.
4 ultra long range drivers (2xWraith, Destroyer, Xcaliber)

Playing a tourney (56 total holes) with raging 40+ mph winds-to-totally dead-calm weather. I didn't use two of the discs in my bag — they were midrange discs (8x Roc, or CH Viper). Could I have a left few of them out? Maybe. I'm glad I had them just in case the wind picked up more. Or, if I lost one or more like many of the other players in that tourney. Fortunately, I didn't loose any discs.
Whats the pig like for putts?
If you like to putt with a Rhyno, it's just like a more overstable Rhyno. I know a few people that love to putt with the Pig for it's nice grippy feel.
Kyle Jacob Smalling said:

I use KC Pro Aviars for putting normally and won't be using anything else. However, with the VERY high winds we were having last weekend ... the Pig was great for short putts that had to cut through that wind and stick to the chains. There were many times when I just had to get the disc under (and I mean close) to the basket. The Pig is very good for this and it doesn't "float" like a putter. It tends to grab whatever it hits. It was great for upshots, short or long, in windy [or not] conditions.
I've been thinkin about those kc pro aviars..

Are they much different than normal aviars?

My new putter choice was between them and a gateway product

Not sure If I wanted to try a discraft putter or not
One Midrange, Two putters, Fourteen Drivers.
I've been thinkin about those kc pro aviars..

Are they much different than normal aviars?

My new putter choice was between them and a gateway product

Not sure If I wanted to try a discraft putter or not

Picking a putter is such a personal thing ... I honestly can't say anything bad about any putter.

I think the Aviar mold has proven itself. You either like it or not. No, there is nothing different about the KC Pro mold. It's a big-bead Aviar in KC Pro plastic. There are different KC Pro plastics, and I like the 10x because that's what my Rocs are mostly.
Fact ... it's a good putter.

Nothing wrong with Gateway Wizards or other Gateway putters ... that's for sure. And Magnets, Challengers, Rattlers are all great putters. I've tried them all.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968