www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've been throwing more and more of my buzzes, ace race 08's, and drone lately which makes me wonder what kind of proportion most people keep of midranges to drivers in their bag. Thinking about getting a meteor because I don't have any understable midranges (or putt/approach). I keep 4 midranges in my bag and around 12 drivers.

Views: 65

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wish CH was grippier.. I have to buy star for the grip, and its not as durable and its more expensive
I had a great CE Valk with a factory tye dye that I lost out at Willow Creek. Probably worth some good money, but when I had it I had no idea of the value. Now I see CE Valks going for huge cash on e-bay, and none that I have seen have a factory dye. Does anyone know about the dyes on CE discs?
I carry 5 mids ,2 rocs ,status ,gator,coyote and about 8 drivers
I only carry 3 midranges in my bag... a ROC, a lightning driver (floats for those water holes), and a CRO. Drivers though.. I have about 7 or 8 of those in the bag. Champion Sidewinder, Champion Valkyrie, two Millenium JLS, Wraith, a discraft flick, and a couple others. My drivers are my fav's for sure. LOL I lost a few and just felt lost w/out them!!
INNOVA:
2x 11x Champion Firebird (172 and 169)
Champion Beast (retool)
Star Valkyrie
Champion Valkyrie
Champion Beast (original)
Champion Orc
Star Teerex
Pro Wraith
Pro Classic Roc
10x KC Pro Roc
11x KC Pro Roc
Champion Aviar

DISCRAFT:
Z X2
Z Crush
X Avenger
150 Z Flick
First Run Z Buzzz
2008 Discraft Ace Race disc
ESP Meteor
ESP Impact
Cryztal Z Challenger
Swirl APX

AEROBIE:
Arrow

GATEWAY:
Soft Wizard

Let's see here...that makes...13 drivers, 7 midranges and 5 putters.
I seem to use mid-ranges more than most players, they seem to like to throw their "putters", where I throw mid's? I have mids to cover the range: understable: Stingray|stable: Spider|overstable: Gator. For some reason I can't throw a ROC, worth beans, I do much better with the Gator. I like Champ plastic, sure wish they made the GATOR in champ, instead of Star, I have both DX and Star in Gator and mostly use my DX as the Star plastic seems slippery??

My distance drivers cover the ranges: Beast/Orc/Monster, I have 3 each, a mix of Champ and DX. The DX I use mainly near "water hazards" or in "heavy" ruff area's as if I lose it, it doesn't "hurt" as much! ;) My Fairway Drivers: T-Bird|Banshee, those two seem to cover all the "ranges" for me. So basicly I carry 1 set play/1 set back up/ 1 set throw away, LOL, someday I hope to be a good enough player to just carry and use "1 of each", sure would be easier on the shoulder's as it makes the BAG quite heavy!

Take care, have FUN, Throw Plastic!

B.J. (bogeyman) Ondo
Colorado Springs, CO.
7 Drivers and 7 Midranges for me...going all over the stability spectrum.
6 or 7 drivers and just as many mid-range.
I have a variety of midranges. I have a few fairway drivers. I get to much of a stall on a long range drivers. Not to mention I throw mids about as long as my drivers.
If my cobra is a mid. then I carry 5 mids.I carry 8-13 drivers(less with bag-more with cart)
2 putters UV challengers
2 buzzes 1 zone 1 drone 2 comets
2 forces 2 surges 1 crush 1 pulse 1 stalker
currently in my bag.....
11 distance drivers
3 fairway drivers
3 mid-range
3 putters...

jc
be good
have fun

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968