www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

inconsistent game.

I am new to the sport but have gone out daily to throw DISC in local parks beating the Bark off of trees.

I have noticed I have a tendency to START my game very strong hitting miracle shots at my maximum distance and impossible shots up close.
That is for about 9 Holes.

Then by the time I hit the BACK the Back 9 I hit every other tree, obstacle and OTB possible and generally just seem to suck-big -time by the end of the day.
Maybe its my AGE (stop counting at 50) a bad shoulder or something but I think its Mental attitude. I just get sloppy about grip, form or try for power.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Tags: Advice

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. You need to throw more throughout your practice rounds to build up arm strength. Just like in baseball, a pitcher is only affective during his ideal pitch count. Most tournaments are two rounds. Dont let your arm wear out before the competition does. Work less and play more disc golf !!!
the longer you play the longer you will be able to concentrate at a time. keep score for the front and back 9 separately then you can set your best back 9 score as a goal for next time even if it sucks. goals help a lot.
I don't have this problem, but I think I have some advice for you:
When you find yourself getting LAX in the back nine, and that is your age bracket, perhaps you need refreshments and to recheck yourself. For instance: stand on the teepad and go through your checklist: height of your throw, release point, disc selection, wind, and fairway. Maybe the back 9 requires some adjusting since it may be different than the front 9.
I see this happening to disc golfers at many local courses where I live and if they are playing as my doubles partner, I tend to pull them aside and give them some advice and bring their minds into the game. Good luck.
Tuffi is spot on: sounds like you're tiring when you hit the back nine. Grab some Gatorade or some other sports drink, maybe some trail mix/bananas/candy, have something to eat and drink on your way to hole 10. I think it'll pep you up enough to get you through the back nine.
I am 35 and yes, power is good, but form and consistency will always "get you farther". I envy the big arms that throw forever shots, but if you cant capitilize on it, what it really worth. Always play par golf and get the birdies when you can and work off the bogeys but try and stay consistant.
hey it happens to us all, very rarely do i have a whole round of miracle shots....dont get me wrong it has happened! but maybe its in your head, after 9 slow your game down, think about the options you have for each shot and pick the one that you arte most confident in and will have the best outcome. slow down your form too, after all those sweet shots your probably all hyped up thinking you can make anything you try....which happens to me tooooooo often.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968