www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I haven't been on here since we got hit by a little hurricane a month ago and the chat doesn't relly seem to be kickin so I figured I'd do something to pass the time.

Anyway if you have any questions about discs, companies, throwing technique, putting, rules, or things the PDGA should do feel free to ask and I will answer in a slightly more reasonable way than Chuck Kennedy.

Peace

Tags: Discs, discraft, putting, throwing

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Who's Chuck Kennedy?
do any pros use the turbo putt as their main shot for putts? where exactly does the extra weight go on different discs of the same model?
Avenger Ray said:
Since you put it out there I've been curious as to why you switched from Gateway to Discraft. I recently started throwing Sabres and Diablo DT's(strictly Discraft before and besides that) and love them. Just wondering if you had better support now etc. Thanks for your time....

It pretty much came down to the fact I couldn't find any mids that would work for me from Gateway. I used to have these stiff green elements that came out in 05' and I loved them because they had the perfect stability. I ran out of those and just started using a Sabre and Wizard but I felt like there were 2 or so holes a round that I just needed something different.

With that said the sabre and Blaze are irreplacable.
Kyle Jacob Smalling said:
Who's Chuck Kennedy?

PDGA consultant who posts constently on the pDGA MB. He has been a round a long time and his views are seen as the reciprical of what many think.
Blaze said:
do any pros use the turbo putt as their main shot for putts? where exactly does the extra weight go on different discs of the same model?

None of the decent Pros I know use one but I wouldn't be suprised if there is one out there wh used it for the novelty. It will not be PDGA approved starting in 09' so they ca't use it after that anyway.

If by extra weight you mean the what males the difference between a 150 and 175 it is pretty simple. When the plasctic comes in from the molding maching from the nipple on the bottom of the disc, it fills out the flightplate 1st and then packs out the rim. So 75% of the weight change comes from the wing as apposed to the flightplate.

There are also some discs that have a flightplate that thickens towards the rim.
Scoot_er said:
Blaze said:

None of the decent Pros I know use one but I wouldn't be suprised if there is one out there wh used it for the novelty. It will not be PDGA approved starting in 09' so they ca't use it after that anyway.

If by extra weight you mean the what males the difference between a 150 and 175 it is pretty simple. When the plasctic comes in from the molding maching from the nipple on the bottom of the disc, it fills out the flightplate 1st and then packs out the rim. So 75% of the weight change comes from the wing as apposed to the flightplate.

There are also some discs that have a flightplate that thickens towards the rim.

i think he was talking about the SHOT not the DISC.
joshlotto said:
Scoot_er said:
Blaze said:

Ooops, well JohnE McCray uses it in Florida around all the palmettos and Mark Martin from KC uses it as his main style and is pretty good at it.
good answer, just what i was looking for, thanks. i was told the other day by a pro to ditch the turbo putt as my main putt (even though i've been using it for 3 years now when i'm anywhere near the basket and have kind of mastered it) and to just use it when i have to. he said learning a more normal type of backhand putt is the next step in improving my game. i'll try it if thats what it takes to get better, but i really hate to mostly give up using a shot i've worked so much on. any thoughts?

Scoot_er said:
joshlotto said:
Scoot_er said:
Blaze said:

Ooops, well JohnE McCray uses it in Florida around all the palmettos and Mark Martin from KC uses it as his main style and is pretty good at it.
Hey,
So what is the exact definition of a push putt...ive now had endless debates with other players trying to qualify the differences between spin putting, and push putting. Any info would help.
From my understanding a push putt would be using the middle and ring finger under the plate and pushing up with them to generate the spin for your putt, and a spin putt utilizes the wrist... am i correct...or do i have to apologize to my friends...lol.?
By this you mean the pack and fill/hold settings on the injection machine, simply adding slightly more material thus making the disc more dense.
Scoot_er said:
Blaze said:

i would ask mark ellis. he knows everything.

Jared Person said:
Hey,
So what is the exact definition of a push putt...ive now had endless debates with other players trying to qualify the differences between spin putting, and push putting. Any info would help.
From my understanding a push putt would be using the middle and ring finger under the plate and pushing up with them to generate the spin for your putt, and a spin putt utilizes the wrist... am i correct...or do i have to apologize to my friends...lol.?
"good answer, just what i was looking for, thanks. i was told the other day by a pro to ditch the turbo putt as my main putt (even though i've been using it for 3 years now when i'm anywhere near the basket and have kind of mastered it) and to just use it when i have to. he said learning a more normal type of backhand putt is the next step in improving my game. i'll try it if thats what it takes to get better, but i really hate to mostly give up using a shot i've worked so much on. any thoughts?"

Try to learn the new putt because Mark is the only Pro who uses it as his main putt and he isn't a top player. Just because it works at the moment that doesn't mean that learning the other shot won't work better.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968