www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I haven't been on here since we got hit by a little hurricane a month ago and the chat doesn't relly seem to be kickin so I figured I'd do something to pass the time.

Anyway if you have any questions about discs, companies, throwing technique, putting, rules, or things the PDGA should do feel free to ask and I will answer in a slightly more reasonable way than Chuck Kennedy.

Peace

Tags: Discs, discraft, putting, throwing

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jared Person said:
Hey,
So what is the exact definition of a push putt...ive now had endless debates with other players trying to qualify the differences between spin putting, and push putting. Any info would help.
From my understanding a push putt would be using the middle and ring finger under the plate and pushing up with them to generate the spin for your putt, and a spin putt utilizes the wrist... am i correct...or do i have to apologize to my friends...lol.?

Your right and a push putt is normally a up and down "pitch" motion of the arm versus a straight line putt. I really don't like calling it a push putt but rather a "Pitch".

Go to this site for everything you need to know about pitch/spin putting.
www.discgolfreview.com
"By this you mean the pack and fill/hold settings on the injection machine, simply adding slightly more material thus making the disc more dense."

Pretty much and that is why some discs are "short" or they have a defect which makes them an X-out because the mold didn't fill all the way out.
Yep all in the shot size and pack and hold, otherwise you'll get a "short shot". I'm a plastics student so I just wanted to test my knowledge and see what you thought. Right on! This is probably what causes some of the lighter discs to feel a little less ridgid than a heavier weight disc in the same plasstic right?
Scoot_er said:
"By this you mean the pack and fill/hold settings on the injection machine, simply adding slightly more material thus making the disc more dense."

Pretty much and that is why some discs are "short" or they have a defect which makes them an X-out because the mold didn't fill all the way out.
Mike said:
Yep all in the shot size and pack and hold, otherwise you'll get a "short shot". I'm a plastics student so I just wanted to test my knowledge and see what you thought. Right on! This is probably what causes some of the lighter discs to feel a little less ridgid than a heavier weight disc in the same plasstic right?
Scoot_er said:

I'm pretty sure that is correct,

Also the lower end plastics tend to fill out easier and more evenly then the higher grade stuff.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968