www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Our club is looking to start tag matches but not sure what is the best, cheapest, or a mixture of both type of tag to start with? we have around 20 members so we are not looking to order in big groups of 100 or anything. any ideas?

Tags: bag, ideas, tags

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We use the credit card-size bag tags with digital printing on them. Not too bad, but someone in our group bent the number 3 tag, which sucks a bit.
I'd say, you should get like,mini's as your bag tags
if you are looking for cheap, just cut some #'s out of construction paper, if you want nice, get the one's hootie mention'd, and order some extra one's, your club will grow and you will be ready when it does.
our president got some innova minis, dyed the numbers and our club on them, went to lowes and bought some clips. They have worked out great and our pretty cheap.
Our club uses a metal Tag that is about 2in square piece of stainless steel that has our logo on it and the tag number. Someone it the upstate of SC makes them, but I'm sure you can find em anywhere. They are super durable and I think each member pays 10 buck for a replacement if you lose it, you get your first on with the 10 bucks that you pay when you join the club. And I think they make a cool jingle on your bag also!
In So Cal we get our bag tags from Temple Tag. They make nearly indestructible cattle ID tags in many colors. We get the large Herdsmen with key rings instead of rivets. We paid an extra die fee one time to have our club logo printed on the reverse side. The key rings never rip out and the numbers and logo won't wear off. They are less than $2.00 each and you can order as little as 25. Here is the link: http://www.templetag.com/
The disc golf club in Big Rapids, Michigan uses metal bottle openers with numbers stamped on them and key rings so they clip on bags. The bottle openers are shaped like a dog bone (their home course is on the campus of Ferris State University-the bulldogs).

The bag tags look cool and are functional so golfers buy them (and therefore support the club) even if they don't expect to take part in the tag challenge. My tag is green #17.
Man...those disc golfers in SO CAL are hard core, they wear their bag tags pierced thru their ear....OMG THATS GOTTA HURT ;-) But seriously that is a great idea using livestock tags.
so cow tags are the leading choice so far. any other ideas?
Eric Lind said:
so cow tags are the leading choice so far. any other ideas?
Does crayon wash off in the rain???
My club uses dominos with a little hole drilled in the first digit, wired to a key ring. The blank one is one, and the one blank is ten. You will need two sets of double nine dominos, a small drill bit, automotive safety wire and key rings. They work great and you can make or replace any number you need.
shower curtain hangers work great to attach them to you bag

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968