www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Jlotto has been telling me about the discs he's starting to use. He said he was sick of buying discs online and at party stores so he started experimenting around with some materials around the house. I guess somebody told him the ultimate homemade-disc compound: Beeswax and Drywall Sealer. He said its grippier than ESP and a little less durable. I think he uses heat to get some sort of chemical reaction. Anyway I guess he can throw these discs 50' farther than his old favorites and they stick to the chains. Anyone know anything about this?

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That would be illegal in tournaments, but fun to use
they wouldn't be pdga approved for starters.
nah, im sending them in to PDGA. they said they would evaluate them and give me feed back on how to get it approved. and BTW its stonger then z plastic...i call it B plastic..... get it?
I'm not so sure I believe this. Post some pics. How much of each ingredient do you use? How do you mold the disc?

joshlotto said:
nah, im sending them in to PDGA. they said they would evaluate them and give me feed back on how to get it approved. and BTW its stonger then z plastic...i call it B plastic..... get it?
Is he trying to duplicate a "Buzz" or is it none of your beeswax? Even if it's a honey of a disc, it would be no more legal than the "organic" discs those Amish boys tried to slip past us at a tournament one time...
discinBoogs is good in CNC machining, he made me some molds off of some blue pritns of older discs. and ill never give up me secrets to make them!
lets see some pics

joshlotto said:
discinBoogs is good in CNC machining, he made me some molds off of some blue pritns of older discs. and ill never give up me secrets to make them!
Yeah, I have heard of that. It's just like compression molding with thermoset polymers, such as heat resistant plastic parts that you find under your car hood. The bees wax and drywall molecules cross-link under high pressure and heat such as a heated platen mold inside of an Arbor Press. Once the cross-linking bond is created it transforms into a solid part.
wow thanks a lot for explaining that. i have personally never heard of that until now. have you ever thrown a disc made out of this compound?

Mike said:
Yeah, I have heard of that. It's just like compression molding with thermoset polymers, such as heat resistant plastic parts that you find under your car hood. The bees wax and drywall molecules cross-link under high pressure and heat such as a heated platen mold inside of an Arbor Press. Once the cross-linking bond is created it transforms into a solid part.
Mike said:

kinda...
Gee whiz Josh, Industrious are we.....Were you voted "Most likely to singe your eyebrows off" ...in high school? LOL!
Jamie 'gr8rocshot' Ruane said:
Gee whiz Josh, Industrious are we.....Were you voted "Most likely to singe your eyebrows off" ...in high school? LOL!

no, just smartest and most innovative.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968