www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Jlotto has been telling me about the discs he's starting to use. He said he was sick of buying discs online and at party stores so he started experimenting around with some materials around the house. I guess somebody told him the ultimate homemade-disc compound: Beeswax and Drywall Sealer. He said its grippier than ESP and a little less durable. I think he uses heat to get some sort of chemical reaction. Anyway I guess he can throw these discs 50' farther than his old favorites and they stick to the chains. Anyone know anything about this?

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you were skeptical the whole time. you should feel smarter now haha.

Nick said:
Very Nice.

joshlotto said:
geeeez you guys will believe anything! October fools!
You gave me an Idea with the Beeswax . I was having trouble with my discs today getting a grip with heavy Dew on the grass.I recalled the conversation we had about the Toilet RING being sticky and made of bees wax. Well I came hope and found a spare WAX sealer in my plumbing kit.
So I took it out of the box and rolled it around in my hands. It was not as TACKY as I recalled but left a smooth finish on my skin something like LIP BALM.
I went back to my Disc BAG and pulling out some wet discs gave them a few firm handshakes.

I LIKED it. Bees wax seemed to fill my pours without creating a STICKY residue. I had a firmer contact on the disc.

So BLAZE if you manage to make a fortune on BEEZ KNEEZZ gripping compound for Disc sports please send me the Pro Player Pack (With DEET to keep off Bugs and SunBLOC) because heaven knows I'll never get Sponsored by DISC makers!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968