www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

The other day, I was out throwing some discs with my daughters and my 12 year old was practicing her putts. She was about 15 feet away from the basket and I was on the other side about 30 feet away. She threw her disc and missed the chains completely and it landed at my feet. I picked it up and kinda of tossed it back to her... just enough on it to get it to her so she could catch it. Well, she didn't realize I was going to throw it and didn't try to catch it. She had her Innova Deluxe bag on her shoulder by then. (Here comes the part you have to visualize...) from where I was, about 45 feet away, the Aviar flew over to her and landed flat on the top of her bag, bounced slightly up on end and slipped right down into the bag!! Right into the space where she keeps her freakin putter!!! That was almost like getting an ACE!!

A couple years ago, I was playing in a group and we were probably on hole 14 or so, when a girl in my group attempted a putt from about 30 feet away, up the side of a hill, and she hit the yellow ring on the top of the basket. I was on the other side of the basket about 15 feet on up the hill, bent over, laying my mini down. It was at that point that her freakin putter landed ON MY BACK!!! Her bounce off the yellow rim landed on my back!! Don't know the rules for that sort of thing, so I just stayed bent over and let her take her putter FROM MY FREAKIN BACK!!!!

Anybody else have weird stuff happen to them on the course??

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cant believe that I SAW this happen twice in 2 weeks...I must be playing way to much...? NAAAA!!!!

Nick said:
Want some hot sauce with that taco?

Jack Davis said:
All I can say is this, thrown from the pad, disc came to rest 40ft away and 14ft off the ground. AMAZING/WEIRD!!!

To bad it wasn't me who Ripped it!
Playing Spring Valley, TX on #4 my 20ft. putt hit the top of the basket and just hung from it. Dont know how it stayed there- couldnt do it again. Wont balance. Anybody know how to score this?
I found a $5 bill on the course once. That was cool since it costs $5 to play that course.

Jack Davis-your new nick name is IRON MAN!
DarthFlaco said:
Playing Spring Valley, TX on #4 my 20ft. putt hit the top of the basket and just hung from it. Dont know how it stayed there- couldnt do it again. Wont balance. Anybody know how to score this?

I have a nickname thank you....but I do like that one! OH!! and that was my 5 bucks I dropped out on the course, ill get it back from you later!!! :-)
i once got an ace one day and another on the same hole the next day.
I had that happen to me too, but no camera! That was the day after my TeeRex got impaled on a short branch 5 feet off the ground! Still has the hole in it.

Jack Davis said:
All I can say is this, thrown from the pad, disc came to rest 40ft away and 14ft off the ground. AMAZING/WEIRD!!!

To bad it wasn't me who Ripped it!
I was playing in Sarasota Am Championships and I threw my Bowling Green "Budweiser" Element off the tee. We all walked up the fairway for our second shot, I picked up my disc and a 3" thorn had poked all the way through the disc. 1-1/2 " on both sides. One of the craziest things I have ever seen.
In the 2007 Jacksonville Open I was not playing well. Ended up on the 2nd to last card. Mark Reindeau also had the some fortune to be on my card. He was having the worst round ever. So with only a few holes left he had had enough, he marked his disc about 25 feet from the pin. He then did a head stand with his head directly behind his marker, picked up his disc with one hand (meanwhile he is doing on one handed head stand) and made his putt at the basket. He splashed the chains and it kicked out. He did not make the putt, but truly one of the craziest (and funniest) things I have ever seen on a course.
I was playing a hilly, wooded course. This particular hole was short, probably 200 feet, but it was blind from the tee as it was over the top of a fairly steep hill that was right in front of the tee. I teed off a perfect looking shot and a couple seconds later I heard chains. Pretty exciting! But...the guy that teed off right after me also had a great looking shot which yielded the welcomed sound of clanging metal. We thought we had just seen two aces, back-to-back. The rest of the group tees off and we climb the hill and look over and there's only one disc in the basket, and I was disappointed to see that it wasn't mine. Either his knocked mine out or mine was never fully in...no one will ever know. Luckily, my disc didn't roll away from the basket and I carded a deuce.
We were playing once in Upper Sandusky, Ohio, which has a large water reservoir... (about the size of a small lake) and my friend was hating some disc at the time because isn't wasn't flying like he wanted it to.. I told him if he hated it that badly, why not just throw it out into the reservoir as far as he could.. at least it would provide a bit of entertainment before it sank to it's doom...

Although, I was kinda joking (kinda not)... he stepped up to the edge of the reservoir and put a mighty rip on it AND MISSED THE ENTIRE FREAKIN LAKE!!!! HOW CAN YOU MISS SOMETHING THAT FREAKIN BIG!?!?! I can't remember if he grip locked it or what, but he missed the entire reservoir from no more than 5 feet away... extremely funny and of course, I remind him of it as often as possible!!! -hee hee
I've heard people talk of throwing DX plastic and hitting the edge of a no parking sign. They say that the sign cut half way through the disc and the disc stuck there impailed on the sign.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968