www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

just wondering how many of you eat a lot of organic food??? like cage free eggs, granola, free roam beef products....etc.... and have any of you ever tried "naked" juices before? "naked" is actually the brand of the juice and they come in smoothies and juices, they are about 3$ for a single-2 serving size bottle and they are definately worth it! the juice gets it name "naked" because there is only fruit in the juice, nothing else

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i like to smoke my organic
wayhighoffire said:
i like to smoke my organic

hahaha.
I throw b-plastic
Yes we eat some organic foods....should eat more. The wife does organic gardening.
Good food digests in your system better !!!!
You have no idea. We eat crazy amounts of organic foods, lotsa fruit. And I love my organic putter, too.
Rich Givens replied, "You have no idea. We eat crazy amounts of organic foods, lotsa fruit."

Lotsa fruit is an understatement. I stayed with Rich for a weekend. He ate fruit and nothing else. No meat, no grains, no vegetables, no dairy products. Heck, nothing even cooked. He didn't even drink liquids. There is a stove in his kitchen but I'm not sure it has ever been used. His diet makes the vegans look open minded.

You have seen someone eat a banana or two. Rich will eat a dozen at a time. If the price of bananas tripled he would have to sell his family into slavery. Well, maybe he would just sell his frisbees. I'm not sure, you would have to ask him.
I try to eat organic when possible. I am not strict about this but going to veterinary school (MSU '01) gives you a new prospective of where your food comes from and how it is processed. I grew up in a college town never spending much time on farms so it was quite the eye opener to visit dairy farms, beef and pork slaughterhouses, etc. Animal industry( I stress the industry part) in this country can be quite shocking. I think I didn't eat a brat for 8 months following my visit to a Bob Evans facility. Trust me visit a large dairy farm and you may rethink the extra cost of organic (no hormone, non antibiotic) milk!
We try to eat organic when possible (soy products....etc) But being a chef in the food industry learning that their is NO fda regulation on the term organic is a little scary...

A farmer goes to the market to sell his tomatoes, the purchaser says "is this organic or not?" The farmer says "what's the difference?" The purchaser says "A buck a pound" The farmer says "yep certified organic"....

There are a lot of stand up companies, but there is NO guarantee and NO regulation on what's organic or not.
I try to as much as I can, not to bad all crazy mad healthy. But to support the local economy. I figure that the goods I buy that are from Michigan the better the economy well get.. (What a hippy pipe dream)
my wife and i eat organic foods quite often. we have a big garden outside that we eat things out of as soon as they are ready. we even grew indoor strawberries last winter and this spring then made wine out of them. we have a few all organic food stores around us that we venture to. if we don't tell our kids what some of the stuff that we get is they'll eat it too.
Three words: "Slow food movement"
I work in a restaurant in Charleston, SC and 60% of our menu is organic and local.
mavericksouthernkitchens.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968