www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

just wondering how many of you eat a lot of organic food??? like cage free eggs, granola, free roam beef products....etc.... and have any of you ever tried "naked" juices before? "naked" is actually the brand of the juice and they come in smoothies and juices, they are about 3$ for a single-2 serving size bottle and they are definately worth it! the juice gets it name "naked" because there is only fruit in the juice, nothing else

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We are really trying hard to eat organic food. We have our own chickens and buy alot of food from trader joes.
Presto said:
Three words: "Slow food movement"
I work in a restaurant in Charleston, SC and 60% of our menu is organic and local.
mavericksouthernkitchens.com

How many customers ask if the eggs used to make a cake were from free range organic stock, and that if not they will pass on the cake?
All the eggs we use come from a local farmer we call the Green Grocer. I never have had anyone ask if our eggs are free range, I just let em know so they understand the quality of the food. Actually there is a "field trip" out to the farm today to see the operation 1st hand. She has about 1,000 chickens, 40 dairy cattle, and just started working on a crop for next season. Some young people who are sick and lactose intolerant can't get proper nutrients to get better. They have found that since her milk is unpasteurized and pure (not blended with milk from other farms) that they can ingest it and begin to recover. Just a note.
Been a farm boy all my life.
Grow my own organic veggies when I can.
Also all free range and humane on animals.
Have you tried organic beer?
When we go out to eat, also very selective.
It does make a difference!
Presto said:
All the eggs we use come from a local farmer we call the Green Grocer. I never have had anyone ask if our eggs are free range, I just let em know so they understand the quality of the food. Actually there is a "field trip" out to the farm today to see the operation 1st hand. She
has about 1,000 chickens, 40 dairy cattle, and just started working on
a crop for next season. Some young people who are sick and lactose
intolerant can't get proper nutrients to get better. They have found
that since her milk is unpasteurized and pure (not blended with milk
from other farms) that they can ingest it and begin to recover. Just a
note.

There is a ballot measure in CA, and it is all about giving farm animals some rights to spread their wings stretch their legs etc... If people around the world would ask for things like free range eggs and open pen bacon, things would change fast in the market. For now it looks like the large producing farms will be hard hit financially if the proposition passes.
Let's socialize everything in America...
Did the bailout on Wall Street work?
Just buy more organic, it is moving slowly.
Feel sorry for the working poor who can't afford Real Food!

Senior said:
Presto said:
All the eggs we use come from a local farmer we call the Green Grocer. I never have had anyone ask if our eggs are free range, I just let em know so they understand the quality of the food. Actually there is a "field trip" out to the farm today to see the operation 1st hand. She
has about 1,000 chickens, 40 dairy cattle, and just started working on
a crop for next season. Some young people who are sick and lactose
intolerant can't get proper nutrients to get better. They have found
that since her milk is unpasteurized and pure (not blended with milk
from other farms) that they can ingest it and begin to recover. Just a
note.

There is a ballot measure in CA, and it is all about giving farm animals some rights to spread their wings stretch their legs etc... If people around the world would ask for things like free range eggs and open pen bacon, things would change fast in the market. For now it looks like the large producing farms will be hard hit financially if the proposition passes.
also almost no fda regulation on "free-range." i guess the animals only get about 3/4" literally in their cages usually. its another joke of a term.

Eirik said:
We try to eat organic when possible (soy products....etc) But being a chef in the food industry learning that their is NO fda regulation on the term organic is a little scary...

A farmer goes to the market to sell his tomatoes, the purchaser says "is this organic or not?" The farmer says "what's the difference?" The purchaser says "A buck a pound" The farmer says "yep certified organic"....

There are a lot of stand up companies, but there is NO guarantee and NO regulation on what's organic or not.
If you are using meat products and want something healthier, get kosher stuff. Way different way of processing and handling.
If you look on "Kosher" products some still use preservatives.
Nitrites and Nitrates Bad!

FDM said:
If you are using meat products and want something healthier, get kosher stuff. Way different way of processing and handling.
I hear you, and I eat no meat so I defer :)

Disc Player Sports said:

FDM said:
FDM said:

Disc Player Sports said:

FDM said:

Rich, you are a vegan? Are you a total vegan or do you eat eggs and dairy?
I am indeed a vegan, I have had no dairy or eggs for around 11 years.

Senior said:
FDM said:

Disc Player Sports said:

FDM said:

Rich, you are a vegan? Are you a total vegan or do you eat eggs and dairy?

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968