www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I played in the Rutherford Anniversary this weekend. They were selling Champion Boss's with the big star stamp for $13. I bought one. It is so beautiful...but they fly...fly like angels. GET A BOSS IMMEDIATELY. This disc is retarded. I saw a 13 year old kid throw 450 with one. GET A BOSS. I chained out of a 330 hole today with it in a headwind. GET A BOSS.

Tags: BOSS, CHAMPION

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

DC ( DISCFUNCTIONAL CHRIS ) said:
hey everyone, if your looking to get bosses at fairly normal prices checkout my buddys discgolf store at - justdiscgolf.com he has alot of them, and isnt trying to getyour first born child for them.

Are you sure that's the correct URL?
John McMullen said:
DC ( DISCFUNCTIONAL CHRIS ) said:
hey everyone, if your looking to get bosses at fairly normal prices checkout my buddys discgolf store at - justdiscgolf.com he has alot of them, and isnt trying to getyour first born child for them.

Are you sure that's the correct URL?

Try ... http://www.just-disc-golf.com/
I just got back from throwing a 175 boss prototype star stamp,and three destroyers one a beat dx and a very beat in rst run ,and slightly beat star destroyer all were max weight and throw in a open field and not on the course .
here what i found .
the first set of throws my beat destroyers all landed near the boss with about the same distance the boss was about 10-15 further ,I really had to get used to the rim as it is a little wider than the destroyer .
after a little bit of throwing pretty much the boss when to the same area as the others about the same distance ,but it seemed a little easier to control and has a predicable turn at the end and had a big skip at times .

I'm getting a 172 one in the mail in a couple of days and I'm sure I'll get a little more distance with the lighter weight
I was getting around 400 feet today and i cant wait to beat this thing in a little ,it throws like a beat destroyer now if i could turn it over a little more I'll gain another 20-30 feet easily
I said I wouldn't buy any. Little did I know I'd see a stack of them in Champ plastic for 13$ each. So now I have three.

My first shot was on a 380' uphill steep drive, where I was contemplating even being able to hyzer it to the basket with my other discs. I pulled it out and almost hit my car, 30' behind the basket, on a pure hyzer.

Yesterday in the field I got one as far as 457' with a 360* run-up.

I doubt they are consistent and actually useful, or will help me score better, just like all the new high speed stuff. Fun to toss and watch it fly so far effortlessly though.
I thought you said they don't fit your hand ben?
Hey good call here Ben. It is a funny comment that these discs are fun but not practical for actually scoring! The game is about control, makes me want to rethink throwing these big discs so often I find myself grabbing for my leopard or Impact more often lately anyways instead of the destroyer.

Ben Calhoun said:
I said I wouldn't buy any. Little did I know I'd see a stack of them in Champ plastic for 13$ each. So now I have three.

My first shot was on a 380' uphill steep drive, where I was contemplating even being able to hyzer it to the basket with my other discs. I pulled it out and almost hit my car, 30' behind the basket, on a pure hyzer.

Yesterday in the field I got one as far as 457' with a 360* run-up.

I doubt they are consistent and actually useful, or will help me score better, just like all the new high speed stuff. Fun to toss and watch it fly so far effortlessly though.
i love this disc.i like the hyzer towards the end of its flight and the skip that sometimes follows.have a feeling that when the ace comes it will be a skip.the only thing i dont like about the boss,is that it does not tomahawk well for me.i usually throw a champ orc for tomahawk shots because it will turn over land on the flight plate and then skip.the boss wont turn over for me,it will usually catch the edge of the disc and take off running.maybe i just need to practice more.peace.
I can barely hold on to it. And yeah short and accuracy and putting is what wins it, even on a big arm course the upshot and putt are at least 2/3 of the game.
I agree Ben I throw leopards and rhynos more off the tee then anything else and putting is the most importion part of the game,i seen guys who get 15' within a 450' foot hole and miss the putt
it seems like a great disc for when you can just bomb it

Ben Calhoun said:
I can barely hold on to it. And yeah short and accuracy and putting is what wins it, even on a big arm course the upshot and putt are at least 2/3 of the game.
Ben,
Agree with you 100% the short game is important.
But when you can putt 60 or so feet out, it's nice to get a drive close enough to run a putt!

Disc Player is selling the Boss at $17!
Gp to this link, http://www.discplayersports.com/Da%20Boss.htm
John said:
I agree ben I throw leparods and rhynos more off the tee then anything else but when you just need to bomb it this is the disc for it
Ben Calhoun said:
Totally agree with the importance of the short game ... However, it never hurts to get as much distance as you can when the opportunity is there. I haven't thrown the Boss yet, but I do throw Wraith/Destroyer/Xcal when I can.

I had many more important shots with my Roc at CO States last weekend than I did with my drivers ... that's for sure. My Teebird was also very good. That Palisade River Bend Park course had massive OB on every hole. Control was WAY more important than distance ... but there were a few holes where you had to throw a bomber drive too.
I got mine in today... He told me to quit my job and quit school.... all that is important is disc golf to MY BOSS!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968