www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I played in the Rutherford Anniversary this weekend. They were selling Champion Boss's with the big star stamp for $13. I bought one. It is so beautiful...but they fly...fly like angels. GET A BOSS IMMEDIATELY. This disc is retarded. I saw a 13 year old kid throw 450 with one. GET A BOSS. I chained out of a 330 hole today with it in a headwind. GET A BOSS.

Tags: BOSS, CHAMPION

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I haven't tired the Boss yet.Currently my fastest discs in my bag are Wraith and a Max. I have also XCaliber and some Destroyers at home but I don't use them at all. Why? Because Destroyer curves way too much, I don't need it on narrow fairways and when I get to an open field it goes only about 10 ft further than my Wraith but with a bigger s-curve so it's not suitable for narrow holed courses. And XCaliber is too stable, I prefer Max because it's more overstable than XCaliber. I don't think that I would need such a fast disc like Boss, but I should still try it and see what I think. I believe that it's a great forehand disc.
My Boss flys like a Long distance Starfire / Destroyer.
I wonder if the Boss is made at 170 grams ?
Donny Olow said:
I wonder if the Boss is made at 170 grams ?

165-175 the 165-169 where gone before they hit my store...Cheers
pick one up,and at least give it a shot.i love it,but theres always going to be people out there that will hate on something just because its different.innova makes a great product.im sure disccraft does too,but im not going to talk smack about them,no.
man i just have to reaffirm that for me the boss is the boss ! especially my x out one, i have a star stamp champion one as well but i have stashed it for now in favor of the flat top x out one i have as it turns over for me easier, just an awesome flight pattern, and when needed a nice skip at the end as well, backhand or forehand its.............useful !
Blaze, I have been playing disc golf for over 8 years. I play in advanced in PDGA events and Pro in our association. I know disc golf and I know a dominant disc. You have no idea what your talking about. IMO. I will repeat. I saw big arms from a B-tier throwing the disc. They threw it well. I saw nothing about your talking about and I tend to think you probaly have an agenda of some sort. Your probaly out classed by the Boss. Stick with the Discrap stuff. Your sound like a snob anyway. Nothing personal.

Blaze said:
the boss is one of the biggest disappointments if the the biggest disappointment of the year in disc golf. its too bad for all of us that were looking forward to this disc coming out so much. what the disc has turned out to be is a piece of plastic made for a wind tunnel (to score high on the speed test). Throwing this hyped up eighteen dollar disposable picnic plate is far less satisfying than it was to watch your opponent hit a tree dead in front of him with one. Its inconsistent, unreliable, and overall just a poorly made "piece of equipment." I put that in quotes because i wouldn't really consider it that. Buy a Force guys, this disc is quite a waste of time and excitement.
if you like the disc so much write your own review dude. i already put what i think.

Jamie said:
Blaze, I have been playing disc golf for over 8 years. I play in advanced in PDGA events and Pro in our association. I know disc golf and I know a dominant disc. You have no idea what your talking about. IMO. I will repeat. I saw big arms from a B-tier throwing the disc. They threw it well. I saw nothing about your talking about and I tend to think you probaly have an agenda of some sort. Your probaly out classed by the Boss. Stick with the Discrap stuff. Your sound like a snob anyway. Nothing personal.

Blaze said:
the boss is one of the biggest disappointments if the the biggest disappointment of the year in disc golf. its too bad for all of us that were looking forward to this disc coming out so much. what the disc has turned out to be is a piece of plastic made for a wind tunnel (to score high on the speed test). Throwing this hyped up eighteen dollar disposable picnic plate is far less satisfying than it was to watch your opponent hit a tree dead in front of him with one. Its inconsistent, unreliable, and overall just a poorly made "piece of equipment." I put that in quotes because i wouldn't really consider it that. Buy a Force guys, this disc is quite a waste of time and excitement.
Well, I have thrown two...Both First Run Star Stamps! My personal one, the one in the picture flies similar to the star wraith... a little understable to start off then a good hyzer at the end. My buddy Sam's is labeled the same weight, but it doesn't fly the same or feel the same. It flies like it is much heavier... It almost wants to pull out of your hand too soon. It is waaay more overstable than mine and I can not get the same distance from it. His theory is the color has something to do with it, but I am not convinced.

They both skip very well! The low speed fade is there on both, but his has a bigger skip and more low speed fade. This is only true for them if I am trying to get MAXIMUM DISTANCE... They can be released on a hyzer and fly that way the entire time.

GO BUY ONE!!

Discgolfvalues.com has them in first run and regular Dave Feleberg stamps! DF stamped Bosses are only $13.95!!
Kyle Jacob Smalling said:
Does it skip, and does it fade hard? Etc?

Tell usss
Danny Newton said:
Well, I have thrown two...Both First Run Star Stamps! My personal one, the one in the picture flies similar to the star wraith... a little understable to start off then a good hyzer at the end. My buddy Sam's is labeled the same weight, but it doesn't fly the same or feel the same. It flies like it is much heavier... It almost wants to pull out of your hand too soon. It is waaay more overstable than mine and I can not get the same distance from it. His theory is the color has something to do with it, but I am not convinced.

They both skip very well! The low speed fade is there on both, but his has a bigger skip and more low speed fade. This is only true for them if I am trying to get MAXIMUM DISTANCE... They can be released on a hyzer and fly that way the entire time.

GO BUY ONE!!

Discgolfvalues.com has them in first run and regular Dave Feldberg stamps! DF stamped Bosses are only $13.95!!
Kyle Jacob Smalling said:
Does it skip, and does it fade hard? Etc?

Tell usss
That's a good deal if i had anything but the first run ones they would be around that price as well...I played Moraine State Park In Pennsylvania for the first time yesterday man what a sweet course we played two round and ate in the middle... I was torn over the boss a bit i had had one good throw with it before i went and really wasn't going to break it out of the bag I throw side arm high and i use all over stable stuff. But i ended up using it and anhyzered it over some trees off a hill and it does hold the line nice and for a long time so i think it has a place in my bag but it sits next to my star max, t rex, xcaliber then there is the treo of destroyers and a force and my Double D. That's my whats in my bag driver wise (right hand side arm)

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968