www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

hellow ladies and gentlemen. i went to ft cust and played a round. it was my 1st time there. i didn't know that there were only 9 baskets still standing. i think its bullshit because that is def one of the better courses i've ever played. to hell with hunting season and more disc golfing please. i say put the baskets back and lets teach the hunters how to stop killing and to throw a disc instead. hahaha just kidden kinda.

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yea they took down 9 for winter, but next year there will be 24. you should come out with me, wade and sean. we play oshtemo everyday.
It is a little easy but I would have rather played it at worlds than COLDBROOK.
Yeah, at our course here in Big Rapids we have to take out a few baskets once rifle season starts later in nov. Then wear bright orange if we want to play nine with out getting shot at (hopefully). Tough it out man
I have played on disc golf courses set up as multi-use facilities. I always thought it was weird to have picnic tables and walking paths in fairways. But to share a course with hunters, whoa!
RJ,
We are planning on having two courses at the Fort. A Beach Course and a Championship Course. The Beach design will consist of holes 18 plus 1 - 4 and five new holes near the beach and dam at Eagle Lake. We are planning on having the Beach course playable before the snow flies. The remaining holes plus some new holes will be the Championship design. We are not working on the Championship design until the Beach design is finished. I believe the Beach course will be open year round and the Championship design will be open only when there is no hunting. The Fort Custer DNR is going to petition to get 5 - 7 back in place which were lost to us due to a rezone. But that could take a year or more. I hope this helps.
Also in response to Mr. Ellis and his picnic tables and walking paths... I find it scarey that the alcohol ban is lifted during the hunting seasons.
Our local park has to removed quite a few holes around Christmas because the city puts up lights and decorations; we've already hit a few of them.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968