www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i was just wondering if any one else has has any problems with the homless people on their course?? for the past few days we have had a hobo on hole one just sitting in a group of trees in the fairway. idk what i should do about this? should i wait for him to leave and leave a ham sandwich there wit ha note telling him to politely leave or maybe we could use him... have a CTH on leauge nights (closest to hobo)or mabey get him involved in the game by giving him an ice cream bucket lid and telling him to go nuts... any ideas????

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A hobo will usually go for the ham sandwhich fo sure. I used to use ritz crackers for markers until we got a hobo, now AH (After Hobo) when I put one down its anybody's guess where my lie is.
Give him a large trash bag and tell him to start collecting bottles and cans.
I'm sure with a couple accidental "FORE !!!" and hard plastic disc upside the head, he'll move to another location without the risk of a disc golf fairway. Not saying to do it intentionally, but I'm sure sooner or later it's going to happen.
I'd be careful not to hit him with your disc. He could be baiting you for a lawsuit. Even hobos know that disc golfers are loaded.
there was a homeless guy at BB Owens park in Dallas, and the local golfers paid him to pick up the trash in the park every weekend during the mini, it wasn't alot of money, but it got the park cleaner and got him a 40oz

also, I was playing Pease in Austin and one came out of the tall bushes pulling up his drawers after the morning business we suspected, mumbled something and then went back to his roost under the bridge, good chuckle to start the round
funny stuff about the bucket lid, I can totally picture that. But for real, let your parks department know (if its a public park). Just to avoid any trouble. These guys are down on thier luck and can get really pushy if not dangerous. But on a lighter side, give him a couple buck and a caddy vest, remember Happy Gilmore's caddy".
hey now, a loaf of bread,water, peanut butter will be grateful.Karma is rewarding.Peace
When talked to the local police about the harassing homeless situation (drunk homeless begging panhandlers) the response was the city passed an ordinance that you were allowed to panhandle between the hours of 7 am to 7 pm in the area. This was a nuisance every time pulling up to the park.
My young son at the time did not need this, nor I.
Conveniently told the police"Guess I found a great 2nd job!"
The police were quiet.
Maybe you should offer to give him a place to sleep for the night. Or teach him how to play. Or give him a disc. Or just talk to him.

I think the other ideas might be a bit rude.
If he is in your way ask him to move while you throw no harm no foul. If that don't work then report him to the parks department.
Well, here in Michigan where cans/bottles are worth $.10, we have can bums. One guy in town known as "Gretzky" because he uses a hockey stick to fish through dumpsters for cans. We don't have them on our course yet, but it would be nice so that our club wouldn't have to pick up so many cans and bottles all over everytime we play. Maby I should tell Gretzky about the opportunity!
Believe it or not ... even here in the mtns of Colorado I've come across a hobo camping just 20 ft from one of the baskets on our course. Would have been fine with me ... except for the fire he had going. We suggested he put that out before the property owners (Colorado Mtn College) saw it ... they would have him arrested.
He was grateful for our concern and promptly went another 20 ft into the woods and built his fire there. Silly Hobo. ;)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968