www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i was just wondering if any one else has has any problems with the homless people on their course?? for the past few days we have had a hobo on hole one just sitting in a group of trees in the fairway. idk what i should do about this? should i wait for him to leave and leave a ham sandwich there wit ha note telling him to politely leave or maybe we could use him... have a CTH on leauge nights (closest to hobo)or mabey get him involved in the game by giving him an ice cream bucket lid and telling him to go nuts... any ideas????

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There are a few sleeping on hole #3 at Dan Davhee Open Space in Cali. Apparently they are always there, because they were in someone else's review of the course and I almost hit them when I played it months later.
I say walk wide circles around them and don't make sudden movements, probably hopped up on something. or maybe just victims of this economy.
Lest we all forget, "There but for the grace of God go I". I hate to admit it, but with the economics of todays' times "they" could be you or I. I have encountered "bad hobos" at places like Bezerkely CA and Oroville CA (among others), and they are iritating to say the least. Sometimes I've found them to be almost dangerous, but "we" are actually "armed" aren't we? When necessary, we can defend ourselves.
Times are hard, and some parks seem to be the refuge of last resort for those less lucky than us. I honestly don't know what to say other than give them a wide berth and a dose of compassion.
I babble though. Any thoughts?
I like this comment : Give him a large trash bag and tell him to start collecting bottles and cans.
And a ham sammich souds really good right now! MMMmmm, ham sammich!!!
ur the hobo on the course. lol jk
Dealing with the transients and homeless is a way of life down here in these parts. The best thing to do is ignore them and don't piss them off....the vandlism afterwards is a much bigger pain in the ass.

We've learned to deal with our regular park dwellers...occasionally they can be useful. Back in the early years of our course. We had a homless junkie hanging out leaving his needles lying around. I had a pow wow with a couple of our regular daily old english 800 drinkers about the dude. When I asked if they knew he was leaving his syringes laying around the park....nothing more needed to be said. We didn't have that idiot hanging out in our park after that.
It is best to not look into the eyes of the ones 'mumbling.'
Walk around gently.
Most are harmless.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968