www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

It seems mid-range discs like the Buzz and Roc have a special place in many peoples' bags.

But what is the BEST driver disc in the game today?

Tags: best, disc, driver

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Star Destroyer/Star Teerex the dynamic overstable duo
Hey T.R.!!! stuck between the star wraith and the mighty destroyer (forehand)
Best driver would be the Teebird. The Wraith, destroyer, and Teerex are long but I bet almost any top pro would take a Teebird over one of those faster drivers.
dx teebird it was the first driver i learned to throw
for them big anhyzer backhands my elite XS's do an amazing job for an old man's non rubbery arm
My home course is a windy mother. Variable wind means disc selection is moment to moment. So my favorite disc in a tailwind is the Cobra under 320 over 320 12X Wraith. In a headwind is a Firebird period. On hole #9 at Barfield Crescent this week everybody step up with there Teerexs and Destroyers and the wind killed them. My Firebird was 2 inches of the pad. I am done trying to be fancy.
Driver selection is a tough question in disc golf. There are so many drivers in the game, and so many differing styles/techniques/experience levels of players, my best driver would most likely not be YOUR best driver.

My Beast would be my favourite driver, unless its really windy, where I would throw my Surge. I'm one of the least strongest throwers in our group, but I try to keep my drives relatively accurate if I'm not able to get the distance some of the other guys get (yet!!!).

All I can advise is try to find what stability and speed work for you, and try to select discs from a range of different manufacturers in that particular field. Try Marshall Street's flight guide, its a great reference.
The Orc has s special place in my bag, being my first driver. Also the Champion Beast is for when i need an accurate straight drive...BUT after seeing some freinds throw the Star & Pro destroyers,seeing the extra distance the mates are getting,has made move to the Champion Wraith and a Star destroyer, I'm wating to get my hands on a Pro destroyer. Dave & Corey really make them fly.
my go to driver is the xs in the 164 range, i've tried the wraith and venom, can't get the distance out of them. Will continue to test others as i get better
I'd have to say a CE Eagle my go to disc able to do just about anything with it. Great controll throwing BH or FH.
But like alot of things they dont make em anymore and are pricey to get now. Wish I had bought a stack of them when they came out.
Open Fairways: Star Destroyer. I used Orcs for the past several years and held out making a change, but my Star Stamp Destroyer has finally sent my Orc to the bench. Definitely gained an extra 15-25 feet on my drives. I wish I had bought ten of them when I was at the Worlds.

Placement or Woodsy: Tee-Birds. Beat up nice. Very dependable and predictable. Meat and Taters driver.
either an Innova Sidewinder, or a Discraft Surge

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968