www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

While browsing the web today, I found a very touching video. It is about this group called "September: Charity Water". It is a site trying to raise money to help bring 30 villages in Ethiopia clean water, and has already done so in another country in Africa, the video is touching, and shows us what is really happening/going on in developing countries. The link to the website is http://www.charitywater.org/ and I would like each of you to try and donate the 30$ to help this project go through. These people in Africa should not have to die because of unclean water and have to go miles upon miles to get this filthy water to drink. I am going to donate 33$ on Friday when I get paid, if I wasn't a college student I would definitely donate much more. We can all afford discs and such so why not do something for some deserving people and donate? I am in no way connected to this website or Scott Harrison, the man who started this movement.

Read up on the site to see what it is about and let me know what you think about it.
Thank You all!!!!!

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can't afford discs Kyle. I know it sucks horribly for those people in Africa but with debt collectors down your throat its plain impossible to help others financially. If i could....i'd like to think i would but i guess you never really know that until you have the opportunity. also i've heard strong arguments against foreign aid, showing various statistics of how it has hurt most countries more than it has helped them...
I strongly disagree with any statistics saying foreign aid has "hurt" any countries. As a world population as a whole we stand at a critical moment in Earth's history where now the main goal of mankind is to make the World sustainable (meaning the Earth is possible of supporting various forms of life). I can guarantee foreign aid does nothing but help developing countries. Do you know what % the US gives right now of our GOP (gross national product)? We give less than .7%.
.7% is what the United Nations is asking us to give and we can't even manage that. Being a world superpower and global consumer I think we can afford to be giving more in foreign aid than what we are. I'm not in any way putting you down for not being able to give because I know peoples budget's are being cut right now. I'm just telling you there is no way that foreign aid is harming any countries. With the foreign aid given to these countries they are able to receive clean water, set of sanitation, plant trees to restore the natural landscapes of their countries. Plus a handful of other important items required for their countries to remain sustainable.

Blaze said:
I can't afford discs Kyle. I know it sucks horribly for those people in Africa but with debt collectors down your throat its plain impossible to help others financially. If i could....i'd like to think i would but i guess you never really know that until you have the opportunity. also i've heard strong arguments against foreign aid, showing various statistics of how it has hurt most countries more than it has helped them...
i understand you are not personally criticizing me kyle, but without completely disagreeing with you i'd just like to very briefly clear up the argument against foreign aid. everyone seems to agree it helps in the short-term, but many economists and political scientists argue that the countries become dependent on the aid rather than building their own infrastructure more firmly. i am not all that into politics, but i have kind of been talked into this one. still, the direct consequences of giving vs. not giving are hard to bear when you see starving kids...

Kyle said:
I strongly disagree with any statistics saying foreign aid has "hurt" any countries. As a world population as a whole we stand at a critical moment in Earth's history where now the main goal of mankind is to make the World sustainable (meaning the Earth is possible of supporting various forms of life). I can guarantee foreign aid does nothing but help developing countries. Do you know what % the US gives right now of our GOP (gross national product)? We give less than .7%.
.7% is what the United Nations is asking us to give and we can't even manage that. Being a world superpower and global consumer I think we can afford to be giving more in foreign aid than what we are. I'm not in any way putting you down for not being able to give because I know peoples budget's are being cut right now. I'm just telling you there is no way that foreign aid is harming any countries. With the foreign aid given to these countries they are able to receive clean water, set of sanitation, plant trees to restore the natural landscapes of their countries. Plus a handful of other important items required for their countries to remain sustainable.

Blaze said:
I have always had an issue with helping others in third world countries or other countries in general.

We have homeless people, people starving, and diseased citizens of our own in our very own country. The funny thing is those that give money to a thing like this are the ones that see a bum on the street and curse him out telling him to get a job. Or yell at him about alcohol or this and that.

I look at alcoholism or addiction to drugs as a disease, a pleague almost. ITs affects harm more then just the one who uses. Families, children, parents, cousins are all affected.

Before i look to send my money overseas I will make an effort to help those in my community, or those in my state or those in my family. After all if we dont look out for our own who will?

Now some may say i am selfish, And yeah i can see why you may say that. However i have a proven track record of helping out when i can, I have helped throw benefit events given to charities, and the list goes on. Selfish is not something i am, more of a realist. I am really shocked at the people who critisize those that live on the street and complain but have no issue with sending a check every month to a place you know nothing about, and dont even know if the money is being used in a proper manner.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968