www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

This is basically a thread of what you want to accomplish, or improve upon for next year. Feel free to offer advice!

My main goal is developing a forehand shot. I've been using a Firebird, but I know my techinique is wrong. I just can't seem to figure out that same kind of snap as my backhand.

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I personally use a Star TL for my forehands, very predictable for me. Anyway, my goal for 2008 is to practice my upshots. A lot of my bogeys come from over shooting the basket or not coming up close enough. Thats my plan for this 2008 season.
Excellent goal, Shizzler! Improving you upshot is a great way to shave strokes. Many players, new and old alike, neglect this part of the game. Sometmes you have to ignore the urge to "go for it" and be happy with landing your disc under the basket for a no-brainer drop in.
I'm on the same page with Aren - I want to develop or improve my forehand shot. There are so many times when I find myself forcing a backhand turnover when a forehand would work so much bettter. I'm going to watch Dr. Disc's instructional video - he has the best forehand I ever saw!
My main goal in 2008 is to learn how to throw better (longer and more control, left-to-right) off the tee into significant and sustained wind. We get a LOT of wind here in SW Minnesota, and there are days where you could be standing on the tee for 10+ minutes waiting for a break from a constant 15+ MPH breeze. A lot of that problem for me is mental. If I'm staring into the teeth of the wind, it tends to psych me out...which then results in me launching too high or too low, losing 50-75+ feet off the tee (and/or missing the fairway to the left or right. I need to learn to focus better and worry about my technique...so that I get more consistent results.
I have a few Disc Golf goals for 2008:

1. Get Sponsored by my favorite disc company :)
2. Win more Tournaments this year and get enough to Qualify for the 09 Worlds in KC
3. Run a great State Championships Tournament
4. Play Solitude as my out of state tournament this year
5. Get my rating back up and focus on my game, instead of coaching.
that elusive 1000 rating. If I can hold strong and do well in my next 2 tournaments, I think I may have it. One bad tournament has tainted my rating all year.

Oh yeah, I would like to get out and play a little more. Once a week or two is not the way to improve... though it hasn't been hurting much lately...
I want to get my rating back up to 1000 plus, the last have of 07 killed it for me.
I also want to have a better flick for 08, those darn righty holes kill me!
I've already started working on my forehand. I'm a LHBH but a RHFH. I know they do the same thing, but there are some holes with a tight fairway that I feel I can release a little more accurately forehand.
IMPROVE MY PUTTING. My upshots have gotten a little better so I feel my putting has but it's just me landing closer to the basket.
Join the PDGA and play some sanctioned events. I have yet to play a weekend tourney so how am I going to get sponsored if I don't get myself out there ; )
I wish to develop my anny game further, rollers, spike hyzers, and short game some more. I've got some ideas, and can't wait to try the ideas out after winter!
oh yeah, and coordinate a youth league this summer in mysmall town of Norwalk, IA
Great goal!!!! Grow more players!
I met most of my goals for 2007. I wanted to throw a drive 400 feet and I eventually was able to do that with my destroyer. I also wanted to play a par round (anywhere) I had 2 par rounds and a 1 under at Jamesville beach.

I think my goals for 2008 will be similar, I want to be able to shoot a par at Oxbow falls course. (my best so far is +4) It is much more technical and tighter course. Getting a good placing in a tourney is also a big goal for me in this year.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968