www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

This is basically a thread of what you want to accomplish, or improve upon for next year. Feel free to offer advice!

My main goal is developing a forehand shot. I've been using a Firebird, but I know my techinique is wrong. I just can't seem to figure out that same kind of snap as my backhand.

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well this up coming year my goals are to learn to putt better becuase i could shot even par if not under if i learned to putt well
would like the wife to let me play more
I feel your pain, brother! LOL! I did eventually get to a point where I had to tell my wife that I needed an outlet, she should respect that, and (given our "circumstances & troubles"), I told her she had no choice in the matter. I still only woud up playing two events that yera, but my rec rounds & playing in some minis increased dramatically! This year is gonna be tournament time, beginning w/ the Ice Bowl here in January! (-:
for upshots try using an overstable mid such as a gator or wasp. start with no run up and work from there. i threw forehand for the first year and had to keep moving up in stability as my snap improved... now i forehand a max or a flick with great results. my max d is about 350 with either. instead of a firebird try a star teerex or a flex predator. also check out mark ellis' forehand clinic on youtube. he is discrafts forehand go to guy. www.youtube.com (keyword discraft) they have a ton of usefull stuff
A big goal for 08 is to get the head game in check. I believe I miss many of my putts before I even release the disc.

I'll also be working on my long and mid-range consistency. I'll be aiming to have a tight grouping after every series of drives.

Oh yeah, and reach 550 feet through the air.
1. Raise my rating from 941 to 950+
2. Play some events in Open and earn some respect
3. Play in my first Am Worlds
4. Top three again in my local club points chase
5. Host a successfull Azalea Tournament
i am in mobile area
love plyaing w/daughter
she 9. but need to play w/grown ups
LOL need to see if i am that bad .
Getting tired of loosing to her !!!!!
Derek,
I believe you get 30 seconds after you are set & ready; try counting to yourself. Focus on the target line and get a feel for the wind then. If the wind changes direction, etc.; stick to your target line! I would use a very overstable disc (max, tee-rex, destroyer, firefird). I try to wait the wind out and make sure the direction of the wind is the same/similar when I chose my target line. This helped me; hopefully you! If all else fails, just give it a good tug & enjoy the game!!!!;)
Chris/Jacksonville N.C.
my goals for 08 are to increase my distance on my backhand shot by trying to develope my form and develope my anhyser, when i started throwing in roughly 2000 my buddy that got me into this sport almost exclusively threw forehand so i started throwing forehand on most of my drives eventualy at pretty consistant distance of around 300 to 400 feet depending on the elevation, my backhand on the other hand was only good for about 150 to 200 feet max, at that time i had not heard of the power grip and some of the basic form technichs that really help a person get some added distance on thier backhand throw, in fact it was only a couple years ago on a trip to sarasoto florida that i got in a $5.00 scramble with some locals and started asking questions that the 60 year old guy that actually had the best score that day gave me some pointers such as power grip on drives and focus on a linc when putting which has helped tremendousely in my game, my backhand drives are now around 300 feet to 400 ( mostly 300 ) i would like to stretch it to a consistant 400 feet, then i would have the best of both worlds so to speak, and could start throwing more backhand drives for the added accuracy they provide over the forehand shot, like just when you think you got a awsome forehand drive going or especialy an upshot and you get that nasty skip at the end that you dont seem to get as often on a backhand shot
Well For me, is
* win a Tournament in Intermediate (SN or PDGA event)
* Place High in Bowling Green
* Improve a inconsistent Sidearm shot
* 900+ Rating

My best finish in a SN Tournament is 2nd, 3rd in PDGA, Best Finish in an A teir is 5th, Rocket city super tournament last year (I'm actually wearing the hat that says "Intermediate Top 5 Finisher")
My goals for my first full year of DG

1. Practice, Practice, Practice
2. Form I need to learn form
3. I need to learn control
4. I would like to play 30 new courses
My goals for 2008
-throw 400' plus
-play in my first tourney
-practice my putting
-work on my forehand
-and get that damn x step down!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968