www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey all,

I thought it would be kind of cool to post our scores of the day somewhere like this. This site will continue to grow and this would be a fun way to keep up on your friends progress. What do you think? For those of us that don't travel to tourneys, it will be cool to see how current SD DG'ers are doing.

I'll send out reminders each weekend for the next month or so and if no one is interested, I'll turn the forum off.

Thoughts...
1. Positive vibe. No using this forum to dig on others
2. Score plus a few highlights?

Tags: aces, diego, emerald, isle, morley, san, sun, valley

Views: 62

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Anyone besides Mike B want to hit up LA/OC courses during the holiday? leave a line and join us
Rizbee said:
Carl Renda said:
Ruther4d said:
mdub said:
Played Eldo and HB yesterday with Mitch and Nicole. Probably one of my best disc golf days ever! Started off sucky at al Eldo as i can't keep shots low, but then started bombing 60+ putts. I think it was hole 13 which was 735 ft. I bet Mitch if he could par it I would by him dinner. I ended up making another bomb putt to make a par 3! remember- my longest drive is about 300 ft. It was the best hole I have ever played. Ended up after all at +3. My current avg. is +5, and my average for Eldo is +6 so i did well.

HB I hit the post on "beautiful" hole 1 almost getting my first ever ace! Again bombing putt 50+. ended at +3 also.

Way to go Mark. Keep it up.

Bet you I can get the par on the 735' hole. All you have to do is start it off with a bombin' roller.

It's all about you, Beanieman...all about you.
Hey now...just sharing my strategy. Anyone can excecute it.
Carl Renda said:
Rizbee said:
Carl Renda said:
Ruther4d said:
mdub said:
Played Eldo and HB yesterday with Mitch and Nicole. Probably one of my best disc golf days ever! Started off sucky at al Eldo as i can't keep shots low, but then started bombing 60+ putts. I think it was hole 13 which was 735 ft. I bet Mitch if he could par it I would by him dinner. I ended up making another bomb putt to make a par 3! remember- my longest drive is about 300 ft. It was the best hole I have ever played. Ended up after all at +3. My current avg. is +5, and my average for Eldo is +6 so i did well.

HB I hit the post on "beautiful" hole 1 almost getting my first ever ace! Again bombing putt 50+. ended at +3 also.

Way to go Mark. Keep it up.

Bet you I can get the par on the 735' hole. All you have to do is start it off with a bombin' roller.

It's all about you, Beanieman...all about you.
Hey now...just sharing my strategy. Anyone can excecute it.

I don't know, a nice 400 foot drive followed by a 300 foot upshot and you're practically in the circle.
I recommend a 420' sidearm, followed by a 300' approach. What, can't everyone throw a 420' sidearm???
Monday 9/1/08 Doubles Results for Montiel Park DGC:

1st: Rizbee/Cashman Returns! - 14 under par
2nd: Todd Rolls Royce/Scott Turf - 13 under par
3rd: World Mini Champion Carl Beanieman Renda Esq./Alex Fescue - 12 under par

Small turnout last night - we played as one monstrous 9-some (which casued the casual twosomes all kinds of nuisance - not a good thing) so everyone knew how all the other teams were playing. Thanks to 1st-time player Mark (Todd's friend) for the CTP prizes - CORR tickets!

5:00pm start time next week.

The Oct. 5th Ace Race @ Montiel Park is filling up. Visit the Montiel Park DGC web site to print out an Ace Race entry form and send it in today! $25 for two prototype discs, hat and mini and a chance to win a bag and disc collection worht over $250...
Monday doubles up at Montiel is a lot of fun. I would encourage more of my fellow south county players to come up and try it, Allen does a good job of keeping it fair and safe. Yesterday, I was playing well but I kept coming up inches short (or long, depending on the shot), and everytime Danny and Allen needed a clutch shot, they hit it. Congrats to the winners and I believe I will have an oppurtunity to play at least once more in September. If you are missing Montiel Monday Dubs, you're missing a good time!
The Ace Race is just over three weeks away, and the big news is that we NEED MORE ENTRANTS!!!!!!!
When is it? - Sunday, Oct 5 from 10am to 4pm - actually, you can play your 36 holes as quickly as you want and leave to do other stuff if need be - it's up to you. Or you can come late and cram in your 36 holes starting at say, 1pm. Your choice.

What does it cost? $25 - And for $25 bucks you get two new proto-type Discraft discs, a hat and a mini. The person with the most aces (or metal hits, if there are no aces) at the end of the day will win a new Discraft bag crammed with 10 of their top-line discs, in premium plastic. There will also be some CTPs and other prizes for the first ace scorecard turned in and some other random stuff.

The Ace Race is being held at Montiel Park to have fun and check out some new discs from Discraft, but also to raise money for rubber tee pads for the back tees on Holes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7. As of right now we have 20 entrants, which will allow us to buy 1 teepad. How many of you have played the back tees and found yourself slipping on the current dirt tees? I know I have. This event is a great opportunity for us to make a significant improvement to the course, but we need more players in order to get the most benefit.

How will the Ace Race allow us to buy tee pads? Here's the math:

For each entry:
Ace Race entry fee = $25
Cost of player pack = $18
Left over = $7 from each player

Tournament Costs:
Insurance (approx) = $50 (yup, nothing else - no TD gas expenses, lavish TD meals, new socks - nuthin')

Estimated cost of a rubber pad = $60

So the first 7 players @$7 each cover the insurance cost (approx). Everyone after the first 7 helps buy a rubber teepad. So far, our 20 entrants will allow us to by 1½ teepads (20 * $7 = $140 - $50 = $90 - or 1½ teepads). Here's how many pads we can buy with different numbers of players:

20 players = 1.5 teepads
30 players = 2.67 teepads
40 players = 3.83 teepads
50 players = 5 teepads
60 players = 6.17 teepads (now we wouldn't buy .17 of a teepad, but the extra ten bucks would go towards the long nails to keep'em in place)

So, if you want to see the Montiel Park course improve and you haven't signed up yet - DO IT NOW!!! If you have signed up, ask all of your disc golf buddies if they have signed up and if they haven't, whack'em upside the head with a putter (not a driver - that might hurt) and tell them to sign up. You can download the entry form here, then put in the mail to me with your payment.

Do this ASAP!!!

The order for the player packs needs to be made in little over a week. We will not be ordering many extra player packs - if you don't pre-register you won't be guaranteed a spot in the tournament. And if you don't play, don't be surprised to hear people booing and hissing when you tee off from the nice rubber pads that were paid for by the Ace Race participants. They may even yell "Noonan!"
Attachments:
My check is in the mail.
Went to Huntington Beach with D-unit on Saturday and met up with Evan, Kenny Ascheri and Zac (?) and played a round of Ript Revenge. Had a blast while Evan won 7 skins, D-unit and I tied with 3 skins after her played his Good Luck Joker and I played my Bad Luck Joker. Zac earned one skin and Kenny had zero. There were three skins left over as we pushed on holes 17-19.

Played a round at Morley on Sunday before Chargers game (robbery) with Bobby, Fia, Mike Lust and Dirty (who had to leave mid-round.) The only tags on the line were between Bobby and I for my SoCal #71. I came back from +2 through 9 (and two strokes behind Bobby) with birdies on 10, 12, 13, 16 and 17 only to double bogey 18 and finish out at -1 and a successful defense of my tag.
Played a round at EI on Sunday after the Chargers game (robbery) with AJ, Danny (Cashman) and Ryan (Wingspan) - and Monica played ball golf along with us. AJ ended up edging me by one stroke (+2 to +3) and snagged my #13 EI tag. Now I need to dump #36. I made the mistake of experimenting with a new driver on too many holes. My highlight was a drop-in duece on #15 - a hole that I have had a hard time reaching in the past.
Played a round with Carl and Dave Kauchak on Saturday. We all played poorly on the front 9, but stepped it up on the back 10. I took Carl's tags with a measily -3 (Carl and Dave K. tied with -2).
Yeah Dave, I sucked on Saturday. Too bad you missed me on my -9 round today, but I will get my tags back soon. By the way, Ruthebird and his 71 (formerly my 71) are welcome to show up this weekend when I reclaim all my tags.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968