www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey all,

I thought it would be kind of cool to post our scores of the day somewhere like this. This site will continue to grow and this would be a fun way to keep up on your friends progress. What do you think? For those of us that don't travel to tourneys, it will be cool to see how current SD DG'ers are doing.

I'll send out reminders each weekend for the next month or so and if no one is interested, I'll turn the forum off.

Thoughts...
1. Positive vibe. No using this forum to dig on others
2. Score plus a few highlights?

Tags: aces, diego, emerald, isle, morley, san, sun, valley

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not sure if I am gonna be able to make it out this weekend. But if I do I will do my best to defend my tags that I have earned.
Scores from Emerald Isle Tuesday Night Doubles, 9/16/08:

1st: Scot Golia/Matt Dickinson -15
2nd: Brenden Wear/Matt Outoftownguy -14
3rd: Jared Person/Max Rumbaugh -12
4th: Tony Colorado/Alex Lawn -12

CTP Hole #14 - Scot Golia

Thanks to Scot for the scores since I couldn't make it. Scot also had a pretty good North County doubles week, as he also cashed on Monday night. BTW, did you guys play short tees or were you all bitten by the Borg Bug? The scores are pretty outrageous!
Short tees

Rizbee said:
Scores from Emerald Isle Tuesday Night Doubles, 9/16/08:

1st: Scot Golia/Matt Dickinson -15
2nd: Brenden Wear/Matt Outoftownguy -14
3rd: Jared Person/Max Rumbaugh -12
4th: Tony Colorado/Alex Lawn -12

CTP Hole #14 - Scot Golia

Thanks to Scot for the scores since I couldn't make it. Scot also had a pretty good North County doubles week, as he also cashed on Monday night. BTW, did you guys play short tees or were you all bitten by the Borg Bug? The scores are pretty outrageous!
Shot 52 at the Laguna Lake course in San Luis Obispo today. Very long and challenging course which I played in 30-40 mph winds (which I guess is the norm at this course). Tomorrow I will be playing it again after I play the Heilmann Course in Atascadero. I may be 300 miles away from home, but at least i'm only about a mile from a course.
You'll like Heilmann - it's a good woodsy course. Yes, the wind always blows at Laguna Lake from what I've heard. And it sure blew hard the day I was there.

Carl Renda said:
Shot 52 at the Laguna Lake course in San Luis Obispo today. Very long and challenging course which I played in 30-40 mph winds (which I guess is the norm at this course). Tomorrow I will be playing it again after I play the Heilmann Course in Atascadero. I may be 300 miles away from home, but at least i'm only about a mile from a course.
my cousin lives in SLO and i had the chance to play Laguna Lakes when it was first opened and i thought the course had tons of potential. Do they have concrete tee pads yet?

Rizbee said:
You'll like Heilmann - it's a good woodsy course. Yes, the wind always blows at Laguna Lake from what I've heard. And it sure blew hard the day I was there.

Carl Renda said:
Weird, when I played it there was no wind at all. Then again I was there at dawn so that may have had something to do with it.

Carl Renda said:
No concrete pads there, yet. They were dug out enough though to be easy enough to use. The course is rough around the edges, sure, but it has a lot of potential.
Shot 55 at Heilmann, which was put in mostly long pins. Some 450-500 foot shots. Had 3 birdies and 4 bogeys. Felt good about my score because my playing partners, Justin Liebermann and Manny Castro, were both in the 60's. Lots of sidearm shots and trees that reminded me of worlds courses. A few good thumber shots and a bunch of tunnel shots. Definately a must-stop if you are playing disc golf courses in the area.
Monday 9/8/08 Doubles Results for Montiel Park Disc Golf Course:

1st: Jon Maki/Scott Bowers -14
2nd: Scot Golia/Rusty (Kahuna Bob Jr.) -13
3rd: Mike Shaw/Mark -12
3rd: Allen Risley/Jacob -11

Hole in one: Mike Pearson - Hole #5-long

We had 20 players on Monday - a great turnout! Several new players, including Jacob, who cashed in his first "organized tournament...that is if you can call this an organized tournament." Mike Pearson aced #5-long to get the ace pot. That's the first time an ace pot was won from a long tee. Mike is also the first 2-time ace pot winner. I'm taking bets on him for the Ace Race...
Shot a 55 at Coyote Point yesterday. I had 4 bogies, a double and a handfull of birds...
A successful day of disc golf for the Beanieman yesterday. In my first round I played a "unification" tag match with Dave Roper (He had better SoCal and E.I. tags, I had a better Aces tag) and I won that match -7 to -2. Dave was not playing his best golf, but he got me last week when I was playing poorly, so it happens. Then Damien G. and I tied for first at Dubs with Jeff Nichols & Steve with a -10, which is my first Friday night dubs win this year, 3rd Morley Dubs win this year, and 4th Dubs win overall (I only had one win last year. The other win was at Montiel with the Ca$hman!). Now holding Aces #74, SoCal #77 and E.I. #13.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968