www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey all,

I thought it would be kind of cool to post our scores of the day somewhere like this. This site will continue to grow and this would be a fun way to keep up on your friends progress. What do you think? For those of us that don't travel to tourneys, it will be cool to see how current SD DG'ers are doing.

I'll send out reminders each weekend for the next month or so and if no one is interested, I'll turn the forum off.

Thoughts...
1. Positive vibe. No using this forum to dig on others
2. Score plus a few highlights?

Tags: aces, diego, emerald, isle, morley, san, sun, valley

Views: 67

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Who won the playoffs?
There was no playoff. We couldn't see a thing, and the difference between 1st and 2nd was 27-23 ($4) per man, which is less money than the discs we use are worth, so we chose not to lose them. We just split it 25 each. Everyone goes home a winner!

Side Arm Dave said:
Who won the playoffs?
Morley Doubles 9-24-08
Mike B. / D: -13
mdub / Quinn: -7
Mitch Z. / Scott: -4
The monthly was humbling. I tied for last in the Pro division. One round was even over par. D'oh.

On the other hand, Carl shot -9 on his first round and was on the lead card with Micah, Carlo, and KG. Way to go Beanieman...
It was a blast just being on the same card with those guys, especially by having earned my way there. I missed a couple too many putts in the second round to hang with the other guys, but I felt that if I were playing anywhere near as good as I did in the first round I would have been able to compete for the cash. Over the last 2 weeks now I have won friday night doubles both times (first with Damien G. at -10, next with Pete R. at -9), came in third on wednesday doubles and finished 5th in open in the monthly and made the open lead card for the final round. Very huge steps made in my progression to become a better disc golfer...
-8 under per round average so far this week. I hope to get digits again soon.
Played singles in a foursome this evening at Emerald Isle - some of us didn't want to believe that doubles was over:

Rizbee -5
Friz Whiz Kirkland -3
Cashman +17 (ouch)
Wingspan +19 (ouch plus two)

This was probably the best round I have ever played at Emerald - only one penalty stroke and one bogey. If I could putt I could have gone 3-4 strokes lower. Feelin' gooooood.
This week at La Mirada I was graced by the Mini World Champion himself. not once, but twice!
1st meeting: Renda was not up to his Championship form. Hence, I found myself winning with par (54).
2nd meeting: Renda arrives all pumped up, having thrown a good practice round on the back 18. Alas, He could not hold out for 18 more. A Local friend DJ Alderidge beat us both with 3 under (52). Luckily for me He is only the biggest bagger and not a member of the Aces or Socal. I got to keep #33 socal, and #42 (thanks Dave) Aces, with a 2 under round. 5 strokes lower than the Beanie's score.
If anyone, like Carl and Dave, are headed up to see the Socal Championships layout here at La Mirada DGC, please feel free to call me.
We'll see what happens this week now that i'm closer to full strength. I can throw my thumbers again, and i'm regaining the accuracy. Everyone has their bad weeks.

Evan Taylor said:
This week at La Mirada I was graced by the Mini World Champion himself. not once, but twice!
1st meeting: Renda was not up to his Championship form. Hence, I found myself winning with par (54).
2nd meeting: Renda arrives all pumped up, having thrown a good practice round on the back 18. Alas, He could not hold out for 18 more. A Local friend DJ Alderidge beat us both with 3 under (52). Luckily for me He is only the biggest bagger and not a member of the Aces or Socal. I got to keep #33 socal, and #42 (thanks Dave) Aces, with a 2 under round. 5 strokes lower than the Beanie's score.
If anyone, like Carl and Dave, are headed up to see the Socal Championships layout here at La Mirada DGC, please feel free to call me.
Big props to Jeremiah price, 2008 San Marcos Ace Race Champion!! Jeremiah had 2 aces and one metal hit in 36 holes on the modified Montiel Park layout. Danny Z., Max Rumbaugh and Ben Rutherford each had aces early to jump out to an early tie for the lead, but Jeremiah got both of his aces on one 9-hole round!

The Ace Race was a big success, if I say so myself. All told we raised enough money to pay for 7 rubber mats for the alternate tees. Thanks to all the players and volunteers (Monica Watkins, Curtis Bobka, Brian Bobka and Katie Risley) who made it a success!
Evan
Next time I'm up north, I'll let you know. I want a re-match...
The Ace Race was great. I didn't get any aces, but I did hit 3 baskets. Thanks Rizbee for setting this up. The 2 discs are pretty cool and I'm glad Montiel benefits from this too.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968