www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey all,

I thought it would be kind of cool to post our scores of the day somewhere like this. This site will continue to grow and this would be a fun way to keep up on your friends progress. What do you think? For those of us that don't travel to tourneys, it will be cool to see how current SD DG'ers are doing.

I'll send out reminders each weekend for the next month or so and if no one is interested, I'll turn the forum off.

Thoughts...
1. Positive vibe. No using this forum to dig on others
2. Score plus a few highlights?

Tags: aces, diego, emerald, isle, morley, san, sun, valley

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah I had a blast at the Ace Race. Got the first Ace of the day (5th of career) and was tied for the lead for most of the day but lost out to Jeremiah's 2 Aces in one round (nice shooting.)
I would like to continue to offer unique or non-traditional disc golf events in the future, especially fundraisers for worthy causes. We already have a solid schedule of traditional competitive tournaments in this area - and a big thanks to those who put those on - but I have enjoyed hosting events like Ice Bowls and Ace Races where more of the focus is on fun and helping the greater good.

Along those lines, circle the first weekend in May, 2009 on your calendars. The World's Biggest Disc Golf Weekend will be coming to Montiel Park!

More traditionally, since yesterday's tournament paid for 3 month's worth of insurance at Montiel, you can expect to see monthlies there in November and December!
Threw 36 holes at La Mirada today, one on each course. Evan and I were both -5 for both courses. I shot 51 on the front and 53 on the back, and Evan shot 52-52. I was 5 under with 2 holes to play when I double bogeyed hole 17 on the front, and I bogeyed holes 2 and 4 before settling in and making 4 birds the rest of the way. Evan played real solid and is especially tough to beat at La Mirada. He has become real consistent, especially with the putter (it's magic!) and has seen his game take off as a result. Glad to see that he is progressing so fast, he's becoming a heck of a player.
The ace race was a lot of fun. I wish I would have had more time and energy to enjoy it better, but I was pretty tired yesterday and had a long drive to do. Good to hear that the teepads have been funded and you will see me at the Montiel Monthlies, playing Open.
Last post before I leave for NorCal. I can't wait, i'm excited to show the NorCalers again what I do. Wish me luck, guys!
Went to Morley and shot a round with Trey, Humble, D-unit, Paul Morgavo and Hawk. I shot -3 but was -5 with no bogeys going into hole 16. 16 and 17 were not kind to me and saving par on 19 felt good. Had one really good putt...hole 10, my drive came up short and I had only a high hyzer shot into the sun. The sun was blinding me but all I know is it ended up in the basket.
Thanks to Allen for setting up and organizing all the materials for the Ace Race. Im sorry I was unable to make it down. Luckily for me, Carl was in the area and dropped off the Zones.
I love the disc!!!! so on that note, if anyone wants to get rid of one or both of their ace race discs because they feel they are not throw worthy. Please send me a message, and we can work something out in retribution.
Do It! hehe
I was sorry you couldn't make it Evan, but glad Carl was able to deliver your player's pack. I don't think these discs are Zones, since it's supposed to be an unreleased Discraft disc. Nevertheless, they are a nice quick, stable midrange. I like the flexy plastic, although I will admit that on the rocky ground at Montiel my disc got chewed up a bit.

Hope you can make it down for one of our future events!

Evan Taylor said:
Thanks to Allen for setting up and organizing all the materials for the Ace Race. Im sorry I was unable to make it down. Luckily for me, Carl was in the area and dropped off the Zones.
I love the disc!!!! so on that note, if anyone wants to get rid of one or both of their ace race discs because they feel they are not throw worthy. Please send me a message, and we can work something out in retribution.
Do It! hehe
Played LaMa yesterday with Evan Taylor (dang that guy can putt!!!). Shot a +6. Drove to Twila Reid in Anaheim and made up my own course as it is badly marked. Shot a +2
Not only can he putt, but his drive and approach have improved... Watch out for that one...

mdub said:
Played LaMa yesterday with Evan Taylor (dang that guy can putt!!!). Shot a +6. Drove to Twila Reid in Anaheim and made up my own course as it is badly marked. Shot a +2
Thanks to everyone who made yesterday such a fun day! Good to watch some shots, made me feel more alive.
Intermediate division results for the final Morley Monthly:

Aaron V -8
Ben R -5
Patrick P -3
Brendan W +3
Brian D +5
KC +7
Ed B +10
Robert M DNF

John A from the Novice division aced hole 14 to start the 2nd round
Maps posted for all who may be coming up to La Mirada for the SoCal Championships. The course looks great, and thank the heavens its raining now and not next week lol.
And Good luck to all who are playing the MFCC!!!!!~ Kick ass Ben!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968