www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey all,

I thought it would be kind of cool to post our scores of the day somewhere like this. This site will continue to grow and this would be a fun way to keep up on your friends progress. What do you think? For those of us that don't travel to tourneys, it will be cool to see how current SD DG'ers are doing.

I'll send out reminders each weekend for the next month or so and if no one is interested, I'll turn the forum off.

Thoughts...
1. Positive vibe. No using this forum to dig on others
2. Score plus a few highlights?

Tags: aces, diego, emerald, isle, morley, san, sun, valley

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Passover holiday no golf for me :(
+11 at the Evergreen Open. Finished in 11th place!
66-51-56 = 173 the -3 my second round is my best out of Morley tournament round as of yet.
Other members, who shall remain nameless, were upset with their performance and look to improve with their next tournament.
Oh I also won my divisional CTP. $$$$$$$ 320 ft *Destroyer* hyzer $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Hell yeah. Way to go Evan. Good luck at your next tourney.
I shot 61-49-55 for +3. Cash line was even. The 49 was my best round in sanctioned play. 5 under par, first round in the 40's, best round rating ever (972). Unfortunately, the other two rounds were horrible. 18th place and another near missed cash line. But that's what you should expect if you only play one good round. Better luck next time, I guess.
A.J., Ryan and I headed up to O.C. for a lille mini-tour yesterday. We were accompanied by Katie and one of here friends, who were probably the MVP's of the trip because they were such good sports. We stopped first at Deerfield Community Park in Irvine, which none of us had played before. Good use of park space - 3 baskets that are used twice and 6 light poles each used twice. We played a "4-disc challenge," leaving most of our bags' contents in the truck. Ryan hadn't seen a course like this - one with trees blocking the fairways - and he had a tough time. A.J. played pretty well except for a few blow-up holes. He deuced the 476ft 15th hole, slamming chains from 80 feet out. Experience won, however:

Rizbee - 58
A.J. - 63
Ryan - 73

Next we played University Park, also in Irvine (and also new to all three of us). This course was a bit more wide open, but the wind was starting to kick up. One again, a mix of baskets and light poles. This course is considerably more wide-open. 4-disc challenge again. I can't remember exact scores, but I was even and A.J. and Ryan were about 4-5 over each.

Last stop, La Mirada. We met up with Evan, who was eyeing my below-100 SoCal bagtag (he had just gotten #191 from Noah...). The wind was really picking up now, making putting quite interesting. We played the "front 18." Evan and I duked it out, never more than 2 shots ahead or behind of the other. We were dead even going into the 18th hole, matching scores on 15, 16 and 17. I had the box and threw my 150g Sidewinder pin high, but 60 ft right. Evan had a good tee shot, in the vicinity of the trees surrounding the basket. I Shuttle-puppied my approach under the basket, and then watched as Evan 3-putted. Whew. He really played well! A.J. played pretty solid golf, except for a volcano-ish 7 on hole 13, and Ryan rebounded from the morning. Final scores:

Rizbee - 58
Evan - 59
A.J. - 62
Ryan - 65

A.J. and Ryan played about half of the back 18 while I hung out with the girls on the cool playground in between the two courses. They didn't keep score...
Fun day!
Better luck next time Evan... :)
Allen found out first hand what i've been saying about Evan all along: Evan can really play and when he irons out his putting issues he will be up there competing with Roper and I. He will probably get a shot at my SoCal #39 on Friday before I play Crescenta. Glad to hear that you guys had fun!
Played decently in the first round of the monthly -3 but shot a +4 in the second round to fall from 2nd to 5th and out of the cash.
I really enjoyed playing up at La Crescenta over the weekend, and am still astounded that I got last cash in Advanced Masters while playing so poorly. I played most of the second round with the thumb, index and middle fingers of my throwing hand going numb, so I'm going to take a few weeks off from throwing (right-handed) to heal.

A.J. had to play the La Crescenta course cold, and it beat him up in the morning. He improved his score by nine strokes in the afternoon, so I felt happy for him. Lots of big numbers on individual holes at that tournament - I've never witnessed a 10 and a 9 in the same round!
Been kinda of averaging 7 -8 down for 19 holes. Some good shots and some bad. Mixed bag.

Lots of new folks playing !!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968